How long to dry?? HELP PLEASE

Lightpaulj

Hello,

We recently had a new build built and the DPC was but 2 courses above floor level (don’t ask) - after initially getting some rising damp my builder took it back to brick and painted on BlackJack DPM (3 coats). He then applied a course of bonding and it has since been plastered. The plaster is still wet after 3 days however if I open the doors it dries up but then once closed again it reappears. Is this just the moisture in the bonding coming back through as it was applied so thickly? Any ideas on how long it will take to fully dry out? Tips to speed it up?

I
is this just the moisture in the bonding coming back through as it was applied so thickly? Any ideas on how long it will take to fully dry out? Tips to speed it up?

Yes
Leave door or window open
Be a few more days , nothing to worry about

Hello,

We recently had a new build built and the DPC was but 2 courses above floor level (don’t ask) - after initially getting some rising damp my builder took it back to brick and painted on BlackJack DPM (3 coats). He then applied a course of bonding and it has since been plastered. The plaster is still wet after 3 days however if I open the doors it dries up but then once closed again it reappears. Is this just the moisture in the bonding coming back through as it was applied so thickly? Any ideas on how long it will take to fully dry out? Tips to speed it up?

thistle bonding will act as a sponge . it should not be used below DPC. no gypsum plaster will work in your situation.

Hello,

Sounds a right bodge. I'm with @malc on this. The job's going from bad to worse. I'm not at all sure that his solution will work.

thistle bonding will act as a sponge . it should not be used below DPC. no gypsum plaster will work in your situation.
[/

Thanks Malc - do you think. Dehumidifier would help? My thought process is that if I get all the moisture out the bonding / plaster then it should be ok?....

What if the wall has insulation below DPM

What if the wall has insulation below DPM

i have never seen a wall insulated below DPC. I know that the oversite is insulated but how would you insulate the wall below DPC.
Both walls are taken up to DPC then the cavity is backfilled with concrete up to 2 corse of brickwork below DPC. so that the footing can not be crushed by heave.

i have never seen a wall insulated below DPC. I know that the oversite is insulated but how would you insulate the wall below DPC.
Both walls are taken up to DPC then the cavity is backfilled with concrete up to 2 corse of brickwork below DPC. so that the footing can not be crushed by heave.
correct then the brickies lay a batten in cavity to stop the snotters flling it up /sadly all is lost