How many of you actually use beads?

Members online

Zanzibar26

Got to talk to some new faces today and was interested with their approach on rendering with beads. Some of them even said that they only use plastic beads when using mono and use battings for anything else as its “lazy using beads”. Dunno if its only me but i always use plastic beads especially if its on block work. I do use battens when the situation calls for it but I find beads much faster, can render both sides together and less fragile corners like when using a darby ect. to hold a wet corner. Consistent thickness. Just interested in your approach.

Usually beads, but at times no beads usually rubbing inside of garages we don't bother I find it easier to regulate margins and striaghten with beads on. And easier to do reveals, but can stick reveals on as its done anyways, like u would a band. Personally prefer to use them myself.

• Agree
Reactions: gps
I use beads nearly all the time because there handy.But if it was my own house I would’nt,if you look closely at a corner with a bead on it(done with sand and cement) you’ll nearly always see the faintest line up along it where the render meets the bead.

When I was a lad Manys a clout in the ear I got for not holding rules steady, hands freezing then beads appeared I could have kissed the guy that thought of these, use them most of the time it's all about making the job easier.

I use beads nearly all the time because there handy.But if it was my own house I would’nt,if you look closely at a corner with a bead on it(done with sand and cement) you’ll nearly always see the faintest line up along it where the render meets the bead.
I would have bands on me own if I built one, so no need for beads mate

I use beads on everything.

I use to form corners with a stick on dashing but I had a string of numpty labourers who couldn’t hold a stick back in the late 90’s so beaded on dahing since to keep my sanity.

Beads on mono
Batten and 4x1 on s&c big areas
Batten and derby on smaller areas.
SS beads are useful on it sometimes depending on if they make awkward areas easier n quicker.