How much are people charging per day/per job in yorkshire ?

Scottsav

Hi all,

Been told a few times of late that im under charging for the work i am undertaking. Ive been charging £325 labour for a large room plastering.

If im doing an average sized ceiling i charge around £120-£150 labour.

Does this sound right or are the others right in saying im under charging ?

Thanks in advance

Depends on how much your happy with yourself per week

Id want as much as possible obviously but i wouldnt know what the average price is for a large room top to bottom.

I mean i charge £120-£150 a ceiling but after researching it it shows the average price is touching £300

I'm a site plasterer I only do the odd foreigner. I'm in Manchester and if I charged £300 for a lid I couldn't see me getting the job tbh .but theres plenty that do and get the work in I'd be happy with £150 for a Saturday morning others on here want 6k.but that's them lol

I'm a site plasterer I only do the odd foreigner. I'm in Manchester and if I charged £300 for a lid I couldn't see me getting the job tbh .but theres plenty that do and get the work in I'd be happy with £150 for a Saturday morning others on here want 6k.but that's them lol

Ye id be happy with £150 a ceiling if im honest but when im doing a full room i seem to charge like £65 which is my own fault if im honest. Think i need to have a re calculate of my prices !!!

Another nice question for you, after your first coat on a wall/ceiling, do you flatten before laying the second coat on or just go straight over with a fresh second coat ?

150s bad enough as it is but it’s not even gonna be that after your outgoings.

Sheeting up a room etc for 150 f**k that. Even customers know lids cost more .

150s bad enough as it is but it’s not even gonna be that after your outgoings.

Sheeting up a room etc for 150 f**k that. Even customers know lids cost more .
Fuk me £150 for 3 hours work some poor c**ts only get £250 a week for 40 hours in a warehouse. So I think £150 ain't bad . If we're ever on day work no plastering firm will give you more than £150 a day for a full shift

Hi all,

Been told a few times of late that im under charging for the work i am undertaking. Ive been charging £325 labour for a large room plastering.

If im doing an average sized ceiling i charge around £120-£150 labour.

Does this sound right or are the others right in saying im under charging ?

Thanks in advance
Domestic prices are all over the place, too many variables, if you win nearly every job you price you are too cheap. If on a job site they say £15 per hour and that's you turning up with just your tools, then work it out. You have all the overheads on top of that. Yet you will compete with guys that will work for £60 a shift.
The joys of domestic

What most of the southern don't realise the rates are way lower up north and theres hundreds of gun slingers ready to work for fuk all and make a right balks up .where I live theres loads of good spreads who are more than happy with £150 a day I rest my case

Fuk me £150 for 3 hours work some poor c**ts only get £250 a week for 40 hours in a warehouse. So I think £150 ain't bad . If we're ever on day work no plastering firm will give you more than £150 a day for a full shift

Never worked for plastering firms rather earn proper money all by myself.

Those poor c**ts have no skills and get paid accordingly. Image What a surgeon earns for 3 hoursz

Domestic prices are all over the place, too many variables, if you win nearly every job you price you are too cheap. If on a job site they say £15 per hour and that's you turning up with just your tools, then work it out. You have all the overheads on top of that. Yet you will compete with guys that will work for £60 a shift.
The joys of domestic

I litrally get every job i price, now wether thats because of the reputation or wether its because im too cheap. Maybe its both but a few people have said im too cheap. but i dont want to increase prices too much to where people may think im ripping them off

• Agree
Reactions: Djr
What most of the southern don't realise the rates are way lower up north and theres hundreds of gun slingers ready to work for fuk all and make a right balks up .where I live theres loads of good spreads who are more than happy with £150 a day I rest my case

So if you work 5 days a week all year at that s**t rate ur pulling in what 28k? Minus all ur van etc. Tools repairs etc 20ish?

f**k. That. Mr mrs earn double that

@zombie Where in Yorkshire can I find these £300 ceilings . Get me one every morning

I never said it was in yorkshire mate. I typed average plastering prices in yorkshire and something come up with average prices. Give it google and a look youll more than likely come across is mate

So if you work 5 days a week all year at that s**t rate ur pulling in what 28k? Minus all ur van etc. Tools repairs etc 20ish?

I work on price and make good money I'm quoting on average .

Better off wiping old asses than plastering in Yorkshire

8156F982-9ACA-444E-BB91-7CF343B4E582.png

Where you based and what are you roughly charging a day domesticaly ?

Where you based and what are you roughly charging a day domesticaly ?

Mids. Don’t do day rate its all price. Some days good some great if ever short of work I’ll look into doing it cheaper.

single bedroom artex ceiling. Some walls blown. £480. Went in sheet up pva lot. Remove blown bits. Bag of bonding 60 covered artex ceiling n filled holes. Went for breakfast. Come back threw the lot on in one gauge. Got there at 7 was home for 2. Materials cost about £30

Mids. Don’t do day rate its all price. Some days good some great if ever short of work I’ll look into doing it cheaper.

single bedroom artex ceiling. Some walls blown. £480. Went in sheet up pva lot. Remove blown bits. Bag of bonding 60 covered artex ceiling n filled holes. Went for breakfast. Come back threw the lot on in one gauge. Got there at 7 was home for 2. Materials cost about £30

Some good going that if im honest bud. But the price helps you being south. cheaper up north. I assume you threw the first coat on and went straight back over with the second coat ?

Robbing f**k*r ha ha

Some good going that if im honest bud. But the price helps you being south. cheaper up north. I assume you threw the first coat on and went straight back over with the second coat ?

Mixed up 2.5 bags layed in same gear.

They’ve booked in another room too.

I think that’s a fair price. They thought so too. And they’re happy. I’m happy. Couldn’t givr a f**k if some peasent spread without a pot to piss in thinks im too expensive

£300 labour only to skim an average ceiling is a bit mental to be fair, I'm not cheap, I'm from down South and know that's a bit steep even here, I'll up be prices if I find it to be true though lol

What annoys me is people think because we don't have degrees we shouldn't earn good money.. everyone has different skills, some have none, we all need eachother in an economy for it to be a strong economy, to say tradesmen are thick is incredibly ignorant, some are, as are some students.. absorbing and regurgitating information does not equal intelligence, it's a common misconception, it means you are able to be programmed well, being able to absorb information, discect it, think critically, understand it, think ahead, problem solve etc/ that's intelligence.

It's a non argument to say 'x or y works at a baked bean factory all week for £200 so we should be happy with s**t money'.. do you really think an accountant sits back and says 'plasterers work their balls off doing a skill that I can't do and admire for s**t money, I guess I need to start charging less'

How about we all start charging minimum wage, let's all make it fair by going to the lowest common denominator.

A lot of trades choose to be trades because it's satisfying, good money, your own boss :tanguero:etc/ not because they are thick.

Back to the original question.. f**k knows, I'm not from Yorkshire

Put ye price in . They can only say yes or no. Think my day rates ok to say I dont fire it on. Plus I very rare go pricing jobs or fetching gears. When I do I just work out how many days and stick a extra day on.

Put ye price in . They can only say yes or no. Think my day rates ok to say I dont fire it on. Plus I very rare go pricing jobs or fetching gears. When I do I just work out how many days and stick a extra day on.

TBH I dont do it full time anymore, i just do it weekends so i suppose if i dont get the job from first off im not exactly loosing out. I dont charge for collecting things really just round materials up a few quid.

Is that home or top line?