How much concrete

Members online

I need to work out what to order for the concrete base...

Got a volume of 6.4 meters...

What do I need?

You normally give the supplier the measurements length, width and depth? I think it’s done in a cubic measure?

I need to work out what to order for the concrete base...

Got a volume of 6.4 meters...

What do I need?
If you need 6.4cubic meters, you would be better off ordering it in mate, sod that mixing it by hand in a mixer. Will probably gonna be a 1.5 lorry load of concrete. Or get a mixamate in they mix as much as you need not more or less

This 1 was a b*****d to gauge how much I needed
524D6554-AD11-48BB-B626-9B2161F40281.jpeg

Down my way you can get an on site mix, ......truck turns up ....bloke starts the mix process and the mix arrives in your barrow via belt and you only pay for what you need......there’ll be,one down your way I’m sure.

It is a big shed just most of the base is down and I am extending it a little to make it more useable

3.2 meters wide by 5.5 meters long..... whether I go all the way is another thing though

Barrowmix/mixamate all the way here, Dan. These people aren't daft.

I remember many was the time before I wised up, trying to save money by mixing myself.
The thing is, that they've factored in what you pay yourself for a day and it all works out much the same.
By the time you've had the aggregate delivered, mixed it, barrowed it round and cleaned the site and your mixer, it's cheaper to get them in to do all of that so all you have to do is screed it, beat it and float.

Takes ten minutes instead of all day and you're not left wondering what to do with the half bag of stone you've got left. Total no-brainer.

Took us 2 hours to lay it... 1.5 tonne of ballast....

I filled up the first 150mm with rubble I had laying about.

I do have half a tonne of ballast left but with the fence going in as well at the moment and a path that needs repair it will all get lost.

However next time I do a base I will get it poured.... hard work but did not take as long as I expected