How much does a plasterer cost a day

there was no mention of tool money ! no mention of time and a quarter for 2 hours overtime, time and a half for sat. double time for sundays, triple time for bank holidays.

i remember when i was an apprentice you had to have a union card as some sites were union only.
when did u start work pal?

april 1963, a soon as the big freeze finished, on a 6 month probation period before i was offered a indentured apprenticeship.
I started july 65 the pin wasan office bearers from when they held monthly union meetings in the pub/the way it worked in our area was u did your time and the firm put your name forward for approval if accepted then u u got the red card without it a no go with contractors no card no start that's it

When I was doing all subbying work and my cis was deducted I used to think of my tax rebate as “paid holiday “ no such thing as sick pay or pension contributions though.

there was no mention of tool money ! no mention of time and a quarter for 2 hours overtime, time and a half for sat. double time for sundays, triple time for bank holidays.

i remember when i was an apprentice you had to have a union card as some sites were union only.
Yes my old dad (75) has told me of the union only jobs. He didn't have a single paper qualification his entire working life, so obviously never worked on those jobs.

Some people can make money some can’t it’s f**k all to do with plastering it’s more mentality.

If you can’t make plastering pay do something else.

If you can make it pay then make it pay good as it’s a skilled, psychical trade.

Not rocket science.

Met so many millionaires who think outside the box. Met one who created a system to bring scrap tyres from germany into uk. Worthless in germanny because the tread depth limit was 5mm but here it’s 3mm so sold em as part worns.

Another one made millions from repairing and selling pallets.

Yet how many narrow minded people would have said “pppfttft no money in that”

very true that :D