How much work is this?

Members online

No members online now.
Well, I'd have brought it up on my pricing visit and priced it in if asked. An ordinary sill is fekkin nothing to put in.

End of the day, it's my job to earn money, not be pissy about what plasterers should and shouldn't be doing. Same I'll put the skirting on, paint it... whatever it is that the customer needs doing. Don't want no other f*kr doing the work.

Slurpak be very well advised to keep other trades away from his skimming the way it's going for him. They might point out state of it.
I'm competent at putting on sills, skirting, laminate etc but I don't class it as my job, and could I do it to the same standard as a good chippy? Probably not quite, so for that reason I wouldn't do it in someone else's house

I'm competent at putting on sills, skirting, laminate etc but I don't class it as my job, and could I do it to the same standard as a good chippy? Probably not quite, so for that reason I wouldn't do it in someone else's house

These sort of things are pretty simple. Honestly, if you can't get a bit of sill on, planer your exposed corners up, plaster in your cuts and caulk the back properly, you want f**k**g shooting.

It's not about how well you can do it, it's about can you do it perfectly every time and fast enough to do a whole house in time to make a living.

One sill? One bit of skirting? Andy G could do it.

These sort of things are pretty simple. Honestly, if you can't get a bit of sill on, planer your exposed corners up, plaster in your cuts and caulk the back properly, you want fkg shooting.

It's not about how well you can do it, it's about can you do it perfectly every time and fast enough to do a whole house in time to make a living.

One sill? One bit of skirting? Andy G could do it.
If I wasn't flat out plastering then maybe I would. I'm a plasterer not a handyman lol

Fair nuff.

My talent doesn't lie in keeping up with @algeeman.

It lies in being a one stop shop to go from wrecked to good as new.
Think I'd prefer your job to be honest. Bit of variety to break the week up. Only so many brown walls you can look at

Think I'd prefer your job to be honest. Bit of variety to break the week up. Only so many brown walls you can look at

I enjoyed my time working as a spread. It did make me realise some limitations that I have but that benefitted me in terms of skill and the Man was happy with my work overall.

I don't think I'd want to do it forever.

I've worked as a joiner's mate too. That was a learning experience compared to working for a housebuilder who does his own joinery.

It's all horses for courses. What I came away with was enough of all the trades to do what I do today, which keeps me entertained (and fed)

Still got him?

What you wanna be a doll dossing handyman like steph? You seen the shitholes he works in? Can smell the piss through the pictures
Yes but they'll look like palaces when I'm finished.

Unlike what you get your hands on, you fcuking vandal.