HOW MUCH?????

Members online

My skip guy, doesn’t want to take PB anymore and he charges an arm and a leg as it is!
Builder told me they were getting charged . Can.t remember how much but I.m sure it was 100 a ton.
So his way round it was walls with about 40 f**k**g pieces on .
When we had allotment some of old boys wanted bits as it does something good to soil

And people why flytipping has become a bigger problem...

my local household waste place shuts for 2 days a week as it is which is very annoying

the waste companies are not allowed to bury gypsum , i was told that when buried it give off a gas. our local council accepts it for free, stores it ,when they have 5 ton it is returned to british gypsum.

And people why flytipping has become a bigger problem...

my local household waste place shuts for 2 days a week as it is which is very annoying

our small depot closes for 2 days they will not accept plaster/plasterboard. Colchester tip, 10 mile away takes every thing and open 7 days a week.

the waste companies are not allowed to bury gypsum , i was told that when buried it give off a gas. our local council accepts it for free, stores it ,when they have 5 ton it is returned to british gypsum.
Who then recycle it into multi finish lol

I am sorry but this is what happens when the government decided to do away with there powers and give the powers to local authorities, instead of one person making the rules you have many
Payments a local rubbish tips
Emissions tax
If you get a car space at work upto £1000 charge
Litter louts £120 charge
Parking charges in the up
Parking penalties £120
Council tax

The UK government gives out less money but gives the councils the authority and powers to charge more to you and I

Something similar with me just a few week ago. I built my house in 2004 and believe it or not, i left a bag of skim in the spare room built in cupboard. It was there fo all them years. No c**t used this cupboard but over the years the misses kept busting y balls to move it. Anyway, i moved it just before xmass, left it at the side of the house for a few weeks, soaked in lots of water and just a few week ago, i brought all cardboard boxes from xmass/ my house revamp to the dump along with few other things but when i got the bill, it worked out i paid over 25euro to dump the bag of skim! Couldnt f**k**g believe it I paid 12euro back in 2004 for it and now 25 euro to dump the bastarding thing.

Dig a hole in garden , bury it free

Terrible at min. But is it the gear or storage of suppliers? hearing all sorts about pallets left outside in freezing/rain etc
Always get mine from wickes ( Bedford) never ever had a bad bag

Always get mine from wickes ( Bedford) never ever had a bad bag

wickes is about the best. Had a pallet from Travis and alot of them bags were the worst, but they were stored in a cold house.. so f**k knows.

Gear I had today was wickes, multi, darker red bag, was perfect from start to finish

Got to be as I've exhausted all over avenues
Mate I’ve been Plastering for donkeys If I was using that s**t over old work I would have probably questioned the p.v.a or water supply. But seeing as I was going over 1 week old board work and using an outside tap there was not a doubt at all that the gear was completely f**k*d!

Mate I’ve been Plastering for donkeys If I was using that st over old work I would have probably questioned the p.v.a or water supply. But seeing as I was going over 1 week old board work and using an outside tap there was not a doubt at all that the gear was completely fk*d!

To be honest mate I just was thinking surely I can't have bad gear again whats the odds lol. The weirest thing is some of the bellends here think because they never had bad gear it's user error. Skimming is easy as f**k we all know it. You couldn't re-create how the bad gear behaves if you tried.

Wickes shift so much MF so always well in date and its kept in nice stable environment , Travis and the like have it undercover but with the warehouse open to elements, a reason for getting boards ( another is they sell knauf )
Hopefully you don’t because Trust me you would soon know if you did.
Have had a couple when on site , delivered by Travis , not having a go at Travis , apart from their tourist prices, get lime from them on occasions and no problems

To be honest mate I just was thinking surely I can't have bad gear again whats the odds lol. The weirest thing is some of the bellends here think because they never had bad gear it's user error. Skimming is easy as f**k we all know it. You couldn't re-create how the bad gear behaves if you tried.
Do you use the same supplier

70% of the time
If you collect , ask any other spreads you meet their if they. Get same problems , do yourself a favour and get to wickes for boards, MF, Addy, bonding, hardwall and get your PVA , tape and beads on line , silicone as well if your doing ceiling joints mid joist save you plenty

Don’t worry they will all get their turn one day! Lol.

Don’t worry they will all get their turn one day! Lol.
Even the 'better' stuff is still crap compared with what finish plaster was like twenty years ago. To be honest I can't even remember exactly when it all went to shite, but my son has been working with me for about seven years and he says it definitely wasn't as bad when he started.