How to handle wooden lintel

NickHill

Hi,
I need to patch a section (approx 0.5m2) above a doorway that was badly blown so taken back to the brick.
I need to have about 20mm total thickness of backing plaster to match the surrounding area and was going to use hardwall but there is a wooden lintel so not sure how to handle it.
My thoughts are:
Screw plasterboard to cover lintel but then couldn’t use hardwall, would bonding be ok to build up to 20mm? Or maybe use the small grab bags of undercoat that thistle do?
Use a metal mesh attached to the lintel and use hardwall (not done this before!)

What would you all recommend?

Attachments

• How to handle wooden lintel
    IMG_9993.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 28
Hi,
I need to patch a section (approx 0.5m2) above a doorway that was badly blown so taken back to the brick.
I need to have about 20mm total thickness of backing plaster to match the surrounding area and was going to use hardwall but there is a wooden lintel so not sure how to handle it.
My thoughts are:
Screw plasterboard to cover lintel but then couldn’t use hardwall, would bonding be ok to build up to 20mm? Or maybe use the small grab bags of undercoat that thistle do?
Use a metal mesh attached to the lintel and use hardwall (not done this before!)

Just board it and Universal one coat , Wickes do it in 12.5 kg bags mate (y)

Hi,
My thoughts are:

Images Storm GIF by getflexseal