How to mix lime

Sg19803

Hi. I’m roockie))) I need help with receipt of lime-based plaster mix. I just mixed 3 parts of granite sand and 1 part of lime with water. It is all I need or it is a secrets in mix present?

I did not understand))) I mixed 3 parts of granite chips and 1 part of lime. Is this correct for the interior?

Attachments

• SAM_2497.JPG
    SAM_2497.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 474
No, that's for the walls. I want to make walls in my apartment. I was able to find some information but no exact explanation. Found https://www.earthpigments.com/limewash-recipes it https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0950061813006788 but have not found a precise description of the recipe in proportions.
You have an apartment and you want to build walls with Granite? Have you any idea how much Granite weighs? You can’t just build it on your floor, you need to know what’s underneath, you may have to put in foundations.

You have an apartment and you want to build walls with Granite? Have you any idea how much Granite weighs? You can’t just build it on your floor, you need to know what’s underneath, you may have to put in foundations.
Not solid granite. Granite chips and slaked lime. I posted links to information as it did. But I'm not quite sure how to mix the plaster.

It's simple. What's not clear. There are walls. There are granite grit its size is 0.2 mm. There is slaked lime. Question. What is the right recipe for mixing? In what proportions to make a batch? Is there anything else to mix?

I'll explain. I can't buy ready-made mix for Venetian plaster. It's too expensive for our country. So I make it from components that I can get in Ukraine. So want to know ancient recipe, on which people prepared plaster. I want my daughter's room to have all the positive properties of Venetian plaster. All I could find it on the website www.earthpigments.com here's a recipe:

Primer Coat
Wash Coat
  • 6 quarts water
  • 1 kilo package Earth Pigments High Calcium Hydrated Lime, (approx. 1½ quarts by volume)
  • Up to 500g Ocher or Pigment
  • Additive¹
Coverage estimate is 110 sq feet dependent upon absorbency of substrate.
Patina Coat
  • 12 quarts water
  • 1 kilo package Earth Pigments High Calcium Hydrated Lime, (approx. 1½ quarts by volume)
  • 800g Ocher or Pigment
  • Additive¹
Coverage estimate is approximately 220 sq feet.

I want to know if this is right.
I ask you not to write if you can not help. I'm not in a fun situation.

That’s getting more and more confusing tbh!
Are you after decorative coat of lime plaster ? If that’s the case , you can’t go over the wall straight with it. You need scratch and float coat first.