i have a question thats doin my head in

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubs69

i have a queery thats doin my head in!!! is it possible these days to dry-line or dot and dab a bathroom??? that is not going to be tiled? or do you still have to float it with sand and cement or bonding like im sure you still do??? thanks for any replies to this... im in dispute with someone over this!!

you can if i remember right get aquaboard which is a resin which i think you need to tile but there is waterproof plasterboard which once skimmed is perfect for bathrooms. They have used it in the flats at the Emirates football stadium in London....lol that feels like a decade away now!

Why would you not want to tile a bathroom?

Hope I have won you your £10er.... ;)

Danny

Dont know why tiles wouldnt be used in a bathroom?? But YES you certainly can dot/dab or stud the bathroom with no issues at all!!! Just think of all the thousands of new builds using boards throughout!!!! I dabbed a bathroom just the other day. ;D ;D

thanks 4 the replies guys.. yep obviously sum tiling is done in all bathrooms but my point was the parts that are bare which can be big areas sometimes are open to constant steam and damp etc.. cheers tho... :) oh yeah danny tenner won lol... ;)

lol no worries.. mines a strongbow!!! ::) ::) ::) ::) ;)

I have dot n dabbed load a bathrooms...and skimmed them up. I think all of them have extraction fans as well which is def a must.

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.