i section

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

User___removed

i`ve been doing a fair bit of mono lately but can`t get it as flat as i`d like to.heard some of the mono pro`s on here talking about the i section.where`s the best place to buy 1.and how`s the best way to use it!cheers

encon sell them, if your near maltby go and see Les Lord, lord and downing , He sells everything you need. There about a tenner

sas europe in exeter sell them use when render is firm enough to scrape lay flat on wall abit like a double sided edge then just scrape it over surface make sure you got plenty gear round beads and such the better youre mono is ruled off makes it easier

the mono on the job im on looks crap theyve nailed all the beads tight and the blockworks pissed, scrape lines everywhere, scrape lines up and down on the reveals ;D, on some reveals they look half finished ???, theyve missed about 20mm under the window cill big bumps when you look down it ............fair play they sent there lads up there for a day to cover windows etc then turned up to spray it and fcucked it right up ;D

stop bead the window first then line up your angles to them. Use a waffle float to finish works a treat and gives a nice straight line/shadow gap for expansion or a tight bead of silicone.

its easier to lay on in two passes,
lay on one coat and trowel flat then lay a second pass, trowel it flat an use whateve straight edge to straighten it out.

sprayit said:
its easier to lay on in two passes,
lay on one coat and trowel flat then lay a second pass, trowel it flat an use whateve straight edge to straighten it out.
thats what i mean cheers mate

get into the habit of using a serrated rule on both coats but only spat the top coat to remove the lines and tidy up around beads etc.

no probs monk have you ever used a machine for this work? Am about to post a vid from earlier today where we sprayed a gable end with sas float base coat. It should show the free-flowing nature of machine application compared to the hand applied method

goody said:
no probs monk have you ever used a machine for this work? Am about to post a vid from earlier today where we sprayed a gable end with sas float base coat. It should show the free-flowing nature of machine application compared to the hand applied method
no mate never really done any big areas as such defo no machine wunt know how to switch one on lol

just wondering if anyone is spraying any mono or hand applied in the north west soon wouldnt mind bobbing along for a day just to see how the bigger stuff is done promise i dont mither or owt an can make a nice brew lol cheers

pftmonojetman said:
Im waiting for the nod 600m in Manchester city centre pm me mate if you want a do (madmonk)

What is it?

hope you got on site parking too they robbing b@strds

Status
Not open for further replies.