Illusive improver where are you

Bernardt

You can’t give in and god loves a trier.f—k he loves me.!!! There has got to be someone in the West Midlands looking to further there plastering tacking &dabbing and earn before Xmas.cards tools and transport would be useful.!!

You can’t give in and god loves a trier.f—k he loves me.!!! There has got to be someone in the West Midlands looking to further there plastering tacking &dabbing and earn before Xmas.cards tools and transport would be useful.!!
we couldnt find anyone. so we gone down the apprentice route again

There is no one and won’t be anyone mate , this is it 2018 marks the beginning of the end

There is no one and won’t be anyone mate , this is it 2018 marks the beginning of the end
Don’t I know mate and many others on here who are looking,such a shame as it’s very rewarding and put a good day in you can have a good living.had 3 second years from Redditch college this year 18-19£350 pw but still weren’t interested.

Don’t I know mate and many others on here who are looking,such a shame as it’s very rewarding and put a good day in you can have a good living.had 3 second years from Redditch college this year 18-19£350 pw but still weren’t interested.
I’m only messing mate , your plight reminds me of I think it was @JohnDoe was looking for ages too

So your paying a 18 year old 2nd year trained apprentice £350 p\w? 2nd year trained college kids my way can barely get tools out of van in morning let alone be a good standard..weve had loads frm college and none have survived..

With such demand for plasterers we really should all be on basic 200 day rate at moment minimum.

Never known it so busy and such an ageing workforce with no new blood!
Zombie the reason why plasterers wil never on a broad scale command £200 a day minimum day rate is because of courses etc..thats who have killed the trade and there all come on here and post in diy section pretending to be working on there own home.bolloxs is that section in this place..should be re named i aint got a clue section:coffe:

So your paying a 18 year old 2nd year trained apprentice £350 p\w? 2nd year trained college kids my way can barely get tools out of van in morning let alone be a good standard..weve had loads frm college and none have survived..
Straight up mate.and that’s still no use,picked up dropped of and gone for 3.don,t think that’s too harsh.?

Going to speak to our local citb woman this week but sounded her out last week and she seemed to think it’s quite complicated with all kinds of public liability &employers liability etc.?
public liability you should have anyway.
employers you can get with your insurer.
i have 4 employees and 4 subbies and pay 320 a year...

all you have to do is put them on a contract which we pay 150 into their account each week.
its simple

Straight up mate.and that’s still no use,picked up dropped of and gone for 3.don,t think that’s too harsh.?
I wudnt give them that,its not harsh at all.weve got a just turned 20 year old..came to us as a pure vigin not put him through college been with us about 16 months hes on £300 a week can dry cut and skim to a decent standard..college fcks them up as its them teachers who tell them stupid stuff and there dnt teach them..had about 6 lads last 4 years thru college and all have jacked within a year..

I wudnt give them that,its not harsh at all.weve got a just turned 20 year old..came to us as a pure vigin not put him through college been with us about 16 months hes on £300 a week can dry cut and skim to a decent standard..college fcks them up as its them teachers who tell them stupid stuff and there dnt teach them..had about 6 lads last 4 years thru college and all have jacked within a year..
Ok cheers pal will speak to her this week about 1

even for donkey work.and knocking up.

you find a labourer for less than 80 a day
Ive jad lads in tears after carrying a few boards saying there 2 heavy..and there have been literally in tears..and wen there just doing donkey work there moan..i can find a labourer less than £80 a day

Go on then I'm interested relative Newby is how much work what's pay

Ye but my point is im yorkshire and i dnt work 4 peanuts..im wrking in a council estate fri im getting £320 for putting 3-4 bags of multi on..im working in a very normal not well off area in yorkshire thurs and getting £600 4 overskimming a artex ceiling which is 4 bags max..dont always blame the so called area..yes london is a different ball game but its also down to the man selling his buisness when you price

Ye but my point is im yorkshire and i dnt work 4 peanuts..im wrking in a council estate fri im getting £320 for putting 3-4 bags of multi on..im working in a very normal not well off area in yorkshire thurs and getting £600 4 overskimming a artex ceiling which is 4 bags max..dont always blame the so called area..yes london is a different ball game but its also down to the man selling his buisness when you price[/£600 to skim a ceiling with 4 bags? There’s small apmnts on site for that much to skim,I think you’re doing more than ok.

Its 35m2 its a fair price on both sides..the client will have piece of mind that shes getting a nice tidy job :coffe:

Ye but my point is im yorkshire and i dnt work 4 peanuts..im wrking in a council estate fri im getting £320 for putting 3-4 bags of multi on..im working in a very normal not well off area in yorkshire thurs and getting £600 4 overskimming a artex ceiling which is 4 bags max..dont always blame the so called area..yes london is a different ball game but its also down to the man selling his buisness when you price
If I charged someone £600 for skimming over a ceiling I don’t think I’d sleep that night! Especially when you say you’re working in a ‘not very well off’ area.

30 yrs in trades chippy shopfitters plus painter someone us have balls and not scared of work. you a only die once better trying than not. how is that does that answer your question
How old mate and where you upto with your plastering & where you living mate?
Living Worcestershire