Im looking for plastering work in Netherlands

Simonstefano

Hello i am looking for work in the Netherlands , ive moved out of England and currently living with my family in LIthuania. Im looking at moving to Holland and would like to see if there is any job opportunities .I am an EXPERIENCED PLASTERER 9 years experience , done my time got a lvl 3 nvq. Anyone got some contacts or know of anyone hiring there?

in the Netherlands a plasterer usually works direct , he stays with the same firm for his working life. he drives the firms van usually a Toyota hi ace. 1 van to each plasterer. he receives 6 weeks paid holidays, the firm has to give him 5 years notice if they want to lay him off. they have never met people like us who just to a couple of weeks then clear off.
the pricing structure in the Netherlands is agreed each year, a lower price for housing with the higher price for commercial. all plastering contractors charge the same rates. the choice that the customer gets is the different start dates from the contractors. none of this i can do it cheaper business.
the tax rate is high for the workforce, but there is a large blackmarket with men moonlighting at weekends. if you have an address elsewhere in the EEC you can pay the tax at your local rate in your home country. so as British there is an advantage.
they have some good ideas, works insurance a few quid a week, but if the weather drops below 2 degs. you still receive basic wages. if you have an accident or are ill you still receive a basic wage. the insurance companies are powerful ,for example they received claims from floor screeders for back injury. they now only lay liquid screeds.

in the Netherlands a plasterer usually works direct , he stays with the same firm for his working life. he drives the firms van usually a Toyota hi ace. 1 van to each plasterer. he receives 6 weeks paid holidays, the firm has to give him 5 years notice if they want to lay him off. they have never met people like us who just to a couple of weeks then clear off.
the pricing structure in the Netherlands is agreed each year, a lower price for housing with the higher price for commercial. all plastering contractors charge the same rates. the choice that the customer gets is the different start dates from the contractors. none of this i can do it cheaper business.
the tax rate is high for the workforce, but there is a large blackmarket with men moonlighting at weekends. if you have an address elsewhere in the EEC you can pay the tax at your local rate in your home country. so as British there is an advantage.
they have some good ideas, works insurance a few quid a week, but if the weather drops below 2 degs. you still receive basic wages. if you have an accident or are ill you still receive a basic wage. the insurance companies are powerful ,for example they received claims from floor screeders for back injury. they now only lay liquid screeds.

So basically it just doesn't pay to work for yourself then?

So basically it just doesn't pay to work for yourself then?

NO, the only times that we go over is in recessions and targets fall so low in London that they are not viable.
my youngest son [47] has spent most of this year in the French alps getting ski lodges ready for the season.

That’s bullshit