impact driver or cordless drill

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballsdeep

are they the same thing? i need a drill for boarding/over boarding if you guys could recommend 1? heard the makita 14.4v impact driver is good,nice & light? or is dewalt the biz?

You don't want an impact driver for boarding, they are too aggressive and you'll only be putting in one screw at a time. Get a collated drywall gun for boarding.

I like the impact drivers for boarding..... yeah they can violent but I like it

Drywall gun would be lovely if I boarded that often

Danny

'rattle guns'.... as my mate calls em... does a lot of exibition work at the nec and reckons its all you hear from 6am all day long.... loads of em...

good day of listening to that and youll be suicidal i reckon... ::)

ballsdeep said:
are they the same thing? i need a drill for boarding/over boarding if you guys could recommend 1? heard the makita 14.4v impact driver is good,nice & light? or is dewalt the biz?

just bought an impact drill they are the dos do dars well worth the money

martin

TonyM said:
You don't want an impact driver for boarding, they are too aggressive and you'll only be putting in one screw at a time. Get a collated drywall gun for boarding.

Yeah there mint....My brother uses a makita one....At frist i didn't like them, but once you get use to them, there so much quicker

If you can afford it get both, maybe a kit deal! they both have their uses but I find that I use the impact alot more. they do take a bit of getting used to and are not a problem for boarding when used in the right hands. I have 18volt Makita LXT and I'm more than happy with it.

jord218 said:
If you can afford it get both, maybe a kit deal! they both have their uses but I find that I use the impact alot more. they do take a bit of getting used to and are not a problem for boarding when used in the right hands. I have 18volt Makita LXT and I'm more than happy with it.

exactly the same mate, ive got a bosch 14.v normal and thought i'd get the bosch 14.4 impact aswell so i can use all the batteries on both guns, i hardly use the normal one now and when you know how to use it the impact is a brilliant tool.

I use me senco for boarding and a makita impact driver for the screws that don't go in all the way. There pretty handy for doing metal work aswell.

TonyM said:
have to agree with big tony on this one they are fantastic peices of kit but no good on boards i have an 18v impact which are great for 4inch screws but i use the senco for boards and also have a little 12v bosch i have a guy local to me who is on ebay as billys power tools and i can get the new makita lithion iron drills for £190.00 thats 1 impact and one combi drill and 2 batteries + case its a fecking steel if any you lads looking give me a shout and i can have a word

m33spread said:
3 1/2 years ago these things were 240 quid....
I bought one....
killed it.... 12 months, but i was doing general at the time and it got some serious hammer...

now theyre under 90 quid with 3 batteries and i still wouldnt have another....

although ive got the little 14v site makita thing which does me all day for boarding ceilings and at 60 quid i dont mind if i only get a year out of it, or it gets nicked... which is another reason I wont spend silly money on 'branded top of the range' power tools anymore...

We got the makitas there allright imo always thought the dewalts were on the heavy side also got a crappy old drill we keep in the van all the time and that one will fire in anything i think its called a challenger or something but it just keeps going thought it would of broke by now.

maybe my understanding of 'combi hammer' as 'bang the wall plugs in with the battery end' wasnt so good after all then... ;D

Hitachi .....
Loving my hitachi kit guys.lithium-ion cordless drillscirc saw impact driver torch recip saw jigsaw cant fualt any off them at all.
Been using dewalt and hilti for years but no more,im like chris paying to much for too little.
Hitachi kit is never talked about and beleive meit should be i hammer my tools on a daily basis with NO PROBLEMS !!

Hitachi batteries last forever pal.dont need to charge them every 5 mins like dewalt.
put just under 2000 screws up today 3 batteries.

ive never been to keen on dewalt to be honest, none of my bosch tools have ever let me down, the only thing i will say is ive got 2 heavy duty batteries that come with the impact driver and they dont seem to last long, i tend to use my normal batteries in it so i might just get a couple of them off ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.