Info on fire board and ratings please.

Turbo trowel

An old fire place has been ripped out and the instillation of a log burner is in the pipe line, what’s the regs on boarding out the fire place (internally). Does it need to be A1 fire rated board then if so, has any one have some useful information on what type or make, as I have been made aware that British Gypsum fire board is not good enough?

Thanks

An old fire place has been ripped out and the instillation of a log burner is in the pipe line, what’s the regs on boarding out the fire place (internally). Does it need to be A1 fire rated board then if so, has any one have some useful information on what type or make, as I have been made aware that British Gypsum fire board is not good enough?

Thanks
@Tinytom

Thanks
You need some form of cement board, I use fermacel power panels, they’ve got glass fibre reinforcing too then you can skim/tile whatever you want
Don’t use pink plasterboard it’s classed as a flammable material because of the paper and it will sag in the heat.
Just finished 1 this morning actually

Sonic I use fer
You need some form of cement board, I use fermacel power panels, they’ve got glass fibre reinforcing too then you can skim/tile whatever you want
Don’t use pink plasterboard it’s classed as a flammable material because of the paper and it will sag in the heat.
Just finished 1 this morning actually
So if I use fermacel power panel it can be skimmed with normal multi-finish or a fire resist and what would you use too dot and dab the board on? Cement based adhesive as well??

Tinytom likes Fermacell, I prefer Hardiebacker purely on cost grounds, alternatives are boards like vermiculite or Masterboard, XR etc but they all cost more.

Thanks
Last one I did I rendered it in ocr with mesh and rubbed it up fine to this day that was a few years ago

Tinytom likes Fermacell, I prefer Hardiebacker purely on cost grounds, alternatives are boards like vermiculite or Masterboard, XR etc but they all cost more.
Iv used hardie backer too, never had a problem, used to get supalux in 8x4 boards but you never see them now days

Iv used hardie backer too, never had a problem, used to get supalux in 8x4 boards but you never see them now days

What do you use to skim it Tom? Taking out old back burner soon in my house and will be putting a wood burner in. Cheers.

What do you use to skim it Tom? Taking out old back burner soon in my house and will be putting a wood burner in. Cheers.
Am waiting for house progress pics Chrispy , are you having fun

Knauf have their own Aquapanel Interior Skim product to finish the Aquapanel Indoor, or you can tile it......

Aquapanel Interior Skim is one of the Knauf Ready Mixed Plaster range, either spray apply or hand apply. It is also suitable for use in swimming pool areas and high humidity or wet rooms

Get in touch for more info

Richard
Rlord@knauf.co.uk

Just board finish pal, weak pva first then a stronger pva and skim.
On yours I’d rip it fully out, back to original opening and get the pipe work cut out, then build a skin of new block work, fit a concrete lintel to about 850/900mm height, lay your hearth spend time getting it spot on level, dot and dab your cement boards leaving the face almost flush with your finished plaster surface, fit your flexi to vitreous adaptor, brick up above lintel and fill out with hardwall/bonding set your skim beads while bonding is still wet, finish pva while you wait for bonding to dry, skim, fit stove in place, connect flue and seal up register plate

5A14F720-2FA0-47C9-B97D-4901DEDE7A31.jpeg

One of my jobs, it’s nice to go
Back once the customer has painted and put some decorations out
If you need any advice message me pal

Just board finish pal, weak pva first then a stronger pva and skim.
On yours I’d rip it fully out, back to original opening and get the pipe work cut out, then build a skin of new block work, fit a concrete lintel to about 850/900mm height, lay your hearth spend time getting it spot on level, dot and dab your cement boards leaving the face almost flush with your finished plaster surface, fit your flexi to vitreous adaptor, brick up above lintel and fill out with hardwall/bonding set your skim beads while bonding is still wet, finish pva while you wait for bonding to dry, skim, fit stove in place, connect flue and seal up register plate
Say again?