Insulting and external wall internally

Members online

Trust

Hi all, I would be grateful of your experience and any info on the below.
My 1920's house is solid brick no cavity that was traditionally wet plastered, a lot of the plaster is blown so I am looking to remove all plaster, batten the walls and fix insulated plasterboard. My concern is am I going to create a problem with condensation in the cavity I am forming, if so where will it go?
I believe ins plasterboard can come with a vapour barrier, how would that be finished off at the top or bottom? Thanks in advance

Apologies Predictive text on the title, should of been insulating an external wall internally, didn't notice at 1st then to late, then couldn't change it.

Does the paper back prevent moisture coming through? other sites mention not to dot and dab on non cavity walls. With the small cavity it creates does condensation still form?

What about if you put a membrane on the inside of your wall then built studded walls say 2" off your walls so both walls are independent and you have in fact now got a cavity?

What about if you put a membrane on the inside of your wall then built studded walls say 2" off your walls so both walls are independent and you have in fact now got a cavity?

that's a good shout.........

one thing i'd never do though is dot & dab onto an external wall with no cavity as has been suggested elsewhere

Hi all, I would be grateful of your experience and any info on the below.
My 1920's house is solid brick no cavity that was traditionally wet plastered, a lot of the plaster is blown so I am looking to remove all plaster, batten the walls and fix insulated plasterboard. My concern is am I going to create a problem with condensation in the cavity I am forming, if so where will it go?
I believe ins plasterboard can come with a vapour barrier, how would that be finished off at the top or bottom? Thanks in advance

If I were you, then I would not insult the wall...as a young man, I learned that even more than respecting your elders, it is necessary to respect your harders.

Evening all, this time checking what I write. I know what ya thinking "what a DH..... " Ideally I want to keep the internal as tight as possible. Ok another product, superquilt? Anyones experience with this?install, 25mm Batten, superquilt which is also a vapour barrier, cross battens then plasterboard. If condensation forms in the 25mm cavity on the bricks would it eventually breath through the bricks and disappear? I have also removed ceilings old lath and plaster, does the superquilt overlap into the ceiling? So many questions.