insurance job

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nicksey1401

hello chaps ive got to price a ceiling tomorrow from water damage, ive never priced one before and was wondering what the procedure would be?...... do i need to give letter headed quotes and invoice her? ............

yes you do my friend, then they send it to the insurance company for a yes or no

yeh was a bit worried about that too! would i be invoicing the customer or have to send it off to the insurance company?

the customer will send it to the insurance company, because they delt with the claim and you dont know there insurance company anyway

so we do a quote customer sends it off they agree, we do the work ,invoice the customer they send it off and then we all have to wait for the cheque from the insurance company? which is payable to the customer who then either gives us a cheque or cash?

so it will come from the customers acount and not the insurance company.........bear with me :-? ;)

when you write the quote you put the address at the top, so they know were to send the cheque
and you can also write make cheques payable to ''nicksey1401'

what i always do on a insurance job is make sure that the customer is well aware that they will have to pay for the job and they can wait for the insuranace company to send the cheque to them,never had a problem with that.
so i always give the qoute to the customer to send off to the insurance company,anyway they usually have to get two qoutes

cheers lads  ;) prob wont get it anyway ive got an add in the local rag done 2 quotes first one the lady off the house laughed it off ..........280 for a tight coat of bonding and skim bits of overboarding 4x3 room, the second bloke wasnt even in  ;D ....who knows 3rd time lucky  :D

carlite/thistle bonding .......i dont even know what its called nowadays.......the purple bag :D it was a tight coat over artex mate because it was too heavy to skim

sorry mate but where materials are involved will the insurance company ask for reciepts ? also will they contact you before the job?

I always put on the quote a small method statement including what materials i will be using and how i intend to do the job,i have always been payed by the customer and as part of that deal i put on there excess on the quote that way i get payed quick and they get somthing out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.