Botty Fissure

Hello to everyone, I'm new here and ready for advice/a roasting.

As you'll see from the photos, we have had two damp areas, and these have been present for the past two years. We have now had the bay repointed outside, and a few weeks after that, I coated the brickwork with Stormdry. I wonder if a second coat is worth it but can't seem to find any info at all about two coats. So now I'm trying to fix the inside. I have 3 ideas and would really appreciate some advice on the best thing to do here.

So here are my ideas:

1. Clean all this brickwork off as best I can. Coat the brick in neat PVA. Fill it all in with sand and cement. Another coat of PVA. Do two coats of Thistle Multi Finish. Sand and then use a Toupret fine filler to clean it up and repeat as needed.

2. Clean all the brickwork as above. Cut some 9.5mm plasterboard and dot & dab it with standard Pink Grip—I'm guessing that stuff won't bridge damp due to its makeup. Fill the gap around the edge with ______? and mesh tape. Repeat as needed.

3. Clean and paint the bricks with Safeguard Drybase. Fill with Hardwall—will it stick to the DPM?—and then finish with Multi Finish. And would I need any PVA at any point? To me, this method is a lot more desirable to carry out.

I'm a semi-keen DIY dude and can be pretty good when I put my mind to it. I realize that the rad will hamper me a lot in getting a decent finish on both sides.

What would you all suggest, please?

Much obliged! ✌️

Attachments

• Interior Fix for Bay Window Corners Damp
    IMG_4441.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
    IMG_4442.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
    IMG_4443.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18