Internal corner render

Members online

ankers

Hi what do you lads use to protect an Internal angle on mono to stop any render hitting an already rendered wall. Finding it difficult to make the orange tape stick and to keep it really straight. Leaves a slight mark also when taking it off. Just wondered if anyone has got any other tips

Hi what do you lads use to protect an Internal angle on mono to stop any render hitting an already rendered wall. Finding it difficult to make the orange tape stick and to keep it really straight. Leaves a slight mark also when taking it off. Just wondered if anyone has got any other tips
I always do them wet. Think they look better to.

Try @Plasterers1StopShop they have tape for this

If the corner side that has been done is still damp or dusty then getting tape on will be hard. Maybe a hair dryer will help. I used to strike a chalk line in white chalk then put my tape up to the line. Scratch back to the tape edge.

You will be best having a hand with the tape, one hold the top the other stretching it tight.

Last edited:
If the corner side that has been done is still damp or dusty then getting tape on will be hard. Maybe a hair dryer will help. I used to strike a chalk line in white chalk then put my tape up to the line. Scratch back to the tape edge.

I just ordered some blue chalk but they sent white, been looking for a use for it. Good shout that

If you can get tape to stick do that and render away.When the elevation has firmed up ,put your trowel edge against the tape and gently pull tape away pressing firmly on the render.
If it's damp,tack some dpc down the already rendered wall with clout nails and remove as before.the tiny holes the clout nails leave can be filled with scraped off render from new elevation.