Internal sand and cement .

No need just wondering if any benefit in floating for extra strength. Thanks .
The way I look at it is you get cracking from movement or thermal expansion , the fibres would help but secured mesh stands more chance of staying in one piece if problems underneath cause delamination

No need just wondering if any benefit in floating for extra strength. Thanks .
Put them in the scratch, floating with them can be a pain. I use 20mm fibres if you float with them you have to blow torch them off otherwise they stick through the skim.

Anyone ever used fibres when floating with sand and cement ?
I have mate. It's one of those things where it's impossible to know if it's made a difference or not, certainly can't do any harm.
I used the really fine fibres that I use for top coat rendering and they definitely don't stick out through the skim.

I have mate. It's one of those things where it's impossible to know if it's made a difference or not, certainly can't do any harm.
I used the really fine fibres that I use for top coat rendering and they definitely don't stick out through the skim.
Thanks Andy.

Thanks Andy.
One thing that is definitely worth doing is putting some mesh, or as I used to do, a piece of flattened out angle bead over the ends of the lintels. That will 100% cut down on cracks.
If I was doing loads of S&C floating now I'd also embed some fibremesh at the window cill ends.

Yes please you are never to old to learn new things.
Lay a few sheets of your finest Guardian onto the stress areas ( window and door corners ) , stick them in place with some spots of no nails or whatever. Cover and overlap with mesh but only fix to the wall where the paper isn't but one fixing in the corner through the paper
Paper under mesh

The idea is to create an un bonded area to allow for seasonal movement

Lay a few sheets of your finest Guardian onto the stress areas ( window and door corners ) , stick them in place with some spots of no nails or whatever. Cover and overlap with mesh but only fix to the wall where the paper isn't but one fixing in the corner through the paper
Paper under mesh

When you say mesh do you meam E.M.L. and why news paper and not building paper?

Paper under mesh

@Danny someone has hacked Italkbollocksjo's, how they thought they were going to get away with it I've no idea, coming on here talking sense. As if!