Introducing myself

Members online

Morning_Glory

Hi guys,
I am a diy-er who sold his house to move into a flat and is missing the diy opportunities that a house yard brings. Still, there are things one may do even in a flat and I am not talking about binding books or knitting. I used to weld, I have to work with wood now. I used to pour concrete, I have to be satisfied with occassional renovation now. You get the picture. Don't trade your houses for flats. :)

Hi guys,
I am a diy-er who sold his house to move into a flat and is missing the diy opportunities that a house yard brings. Still, there are things one may do even in a flat and I am not talking about binding books or knitting. I used to weld, I have to work with wood now. I used to pour concrete, I have to be satisfied with occassional renovation now. You get the picture. Don't trade your houses for flats. :)

Welcome along :D

Hi guys,
Morning mate . Trading a house for a flat. So what you got kicked out for lol.
We did four small flats at xmas and I thought if wife kicked me out I could easily live here

Welcome! Sounds like you need a hobby! You could make lamps and light fittings etc out of weird stuff. That can involve welding... and sell stuff on eBay , progress to street fairs. Seen how much people pay for stuff like that?

Welcome dude!

I've never understood people's love for DIY, I couldn't think of much worse than spending my weekends and evenings working on my house, so much more to life than that! Occasionally do bits here and there but completely re doing a place.. no chance! Is it essentially people's hobbies or something?

Welcome dude!

I've never understood people's love for DIY, I couldn't think of much worse than spending my weekends and evenings working on my house, so much more to life than that! Occasionally do bits here and there but completely re doing a place.. no chance! Is it essentially people's hobbies or something?
Si keeps on at me to do stuff. I just want to curl up in a corner and be left alone when the weekend comes!

Si keeps on at me to do stuff. I just want to curl up in a corner and be left alone when the weekend comes!

You should do whatever you want man!

Life's for living, weekends and evenings are for fun, hobbies, family time etc/ I know people slate them but me and my missus bought a new build specifically for the reason we both have way better things to do with our lives! We will probably buy one again in a few years.. and after that.. as long as they last 10 or so years I'm happy!

Lost count of the amount of customers I've had that think due to being in a trade I should be buying properties and doing them up!? No thanks!!

You should do whatever you want man!

Life's for living, weekends and evenings are for fun, hobbies, family time etc/ I know people slate them but me and my missus bought a new build specifically for the reason we both have way better things to do with our lives! We will probably buy one again in a few years.. and after that.. as long as they last 10 or so years I'm happy!

Lost count of the amount of customers I've had that think due to being in a trade I should be buying properties and doing them up!? No thanks!!
All of that........ makes perfect sense!! :tanguero:

Thank you for welcoming me guys.

I wasn’t kicked out of my house, I emigrated. The price I got for selling my house in Sofia, Bulgaria, was barely enough to buy a flat in Glasgow, UK. Now I joke that I traded a big property and a small girlfriend for a small property and a big girlfriend. (My current girlfriend doesn’t like this joke for some reason.)

Meanwhile, I have a drywall problem and I don’t know where to post about it. Could you please direct me?

I wasn’t kicked out of my house, I emigrated. The price I got for selling my house in Sofia, Bulgaria, was barely enough to buy a flat in Glasgow, UK. Now I joke that I traded a big property and a small girlfriend for a small property and a big girlfriend. (My current girlfriend doesn’t like this joke for some reason.)

Meanwhile, I have a drywall problem and I don’t know where to post about it. Could you please direct me?
Either plastering or diy section

4LrS_jMp_400x400.jpg

Lol.

Post in general discussions on plastering.

Does anyone even care where stuff gets posted?