IS it correct to use FibaTape in corners at ceiling

Bowlzi

Hi, after bending a piece of FibraTape at 90 degrees i noticed it snaps along the crease. Should fibraTape only be used for flat joints and something else (if anything) used at corners?
My thinking is it cant prevent a crack if it breaks itself?
Thanks

It's shouldn't snap might be shite scrim ??
Its branded FibaTape - the last of the roll.
It would be a more accurate description for me to say that some of the mesh snap at the crease.
Is it correct to put this in corners then. Thanks

F6FB7350-F7F5-4C03-A209-CB517A987D51.gif

What did you use to push the scrim into corner?? Im guessing a sharp object because your hands wouldnt snap it??
Hi, no ive not put in corner yet. It was just that i folded it in my hand and noticed some of them were snapped after folding. Try it. but if not a problem genrally then i will use from a new roll. thanks.

• Funny
Reactions: gps
Paper tapes usually blow when they are artexed the same day, I haven’t used it instead of scrim but have noticed fibre scrim cracking lately, I don’t have a problem with new builds as the timbers are so green when they are plastered they shrink and crack

You should scrim the internal angles but have noticed fiba tape is not as strong as it once was, I think @essexandy uses paper tapes and doesn’t have any problems with it.
I use paper tape when people are willing to pay the extra for it.
I know specs keep changing but at one time all internals should have been done using paper tape according to BG, as well as all ceiling joints.
I believe that they still state that tape is the superior option.