Is it every labourer

Labourers are just a liability! If I ever want my mixer have the wire wrapped round the paddle and broke off IL call one of the thick c**ts but IL happily just struggle along on my own! And having to tell someone IL smash that f**k**g phone if you don't put it away isn't my idea of fun :ROFLMAO:

The tight git wont put his f**k**g hand in his pocket either. We all took turns getting poo in. Got to his and I said who.s turn is it and he said he didn't want one . I wouldn't mind but customer just gave us 20 quid for some snap. Asked what he should do with it and I said you and lad split it

The tight git wont put his f**k**g hand in his pocket either. We all took turns getting poo in. Got to his and I said who.s turn is it and he said he didn't want one . I wouldn't mind but customer just gave us 20 quid for some snap. Asked what he should do with it and I said you and lad split it
Poo? Yukky!

We had one kid and after two days wife had told him to get more money. So I said ok I.ll put it to money man . Who together we made a plan .
Got lad in office and said he can have extra money. Big smile on his face soon wiped of when money man said get me your bank details and a bill every friday.
Didn't last long scared of losing his dole or what ever they get

Labourers are just a liability! If I ever want my mixer have the wire wrapped round the paddle and broke off IL call one of the thick c**ts but IL happily just struggle along on my own! And having to tell someone IL smash that f**k**g phone if you don't put it away isn't my idea of fun :ROFLMAO:
I’ve f**k**g done that myself!!! Lol! Luckily had a spare choc block in my pocket!

I had a labourer on £50 cash a day in 98 and whilst on trial he signed on. After the trial I told him to sign off. He wanted £50 after 20% sc60 tax, plus his partners £120 a week giro, £50 rent and council tax and two kids lost free school meals. He would have been on a hell of a lot more than me so we parted.

He ended apparently splitting up with his mrs although he hadn’t and accepted £250 a week which 21 years ago wasn’t too bad.

I had a labourer on £50 cash a day in 98 and whilst on trial he signed on. After the trial I told him to sign off. He wanted £50 after 20% sc60 tax, plus his partners £120 a week giro, £50 rent and council tax and two kids lost free school meals. He would have been on a hell of a lot more than me so we parted.

He ended apparently splitting up with his mrs although he hadn’t and accepted £250 a week which 21 years ago wasn’t too bad.
Actually just goes to show how nothing’s changed in the past 20 years when it comes to the lure of benefits over working for a living!

Gave up on labourers. Unless I need a mule to unload pallets. Gone back to bringing another spread in occasionally
Yeah makes sense with your little one baggers and your stupid small sheets of board u use

That was me John.

My labs usually last about 6 months if not lazy cnuts but they almost always brake by then or need a break till thier skint and not won lotto !

I had a labourer in 98 as well I took him with me to work for a small builder lab was on 50 a day cash. I was taking home 325 after tax. He was getting his rent and dole ect. No pressure ect. I had 3kids a car a van. Two morgages . And lots of pressure.

I had one labourer who was mostly still pissed from the night before, rude, let me down when I needed him the most!!!
So I had enough and one Friday I sacked him!!!!
Then Monday morning I goes out to get in van and he's there? I said what you doing here?
He said I'll give you another chance!!!
I just stood there mouth open....

I had one labourer who was mostly still pissed from the night before, rude, let me down when I needed him the most!!!
Then Monday morning I goes out to get in van and he's there? I said what you doing here?
I used to tell one if he was going out on a friday and getting hammered just tell me. Turn up for him sat morning no where to be seen then used to say he was ill

I used to tell one if he was going out on a friday and getting hammered just tell me. Turn up for him sat morning no where to be seen then used to say he was ill
Been there aswell john so I started to pretend to be on the phone about a job, I would make sure he heard me say (oh yes I should do that in about 4 hours!! I'll see you Friday) he would be up full of beans thinking life was great till we got there and he see what we was doing!! His little face was a picture.. Thought you said 4 hours he said on Friday!! Oh not this Friday I'd say!!!

I’m same as lurpack tbf , I’ve had odd labourers but never could afford a fulltime one , even this week everyday has changed on jobs he would of been an absolute waste of time having there, I’d quite happily pay a good plasterer what ever they wanted (as long as it’s not more than me lol ) to share jobs with though instead, tbf it’s just the way the world is now I feel

I’m same as lurpack tbf , I’ve had odd labourers but never could afford a fulltime one , even this week everyday has changed on jobs he would of been an absolute waste of time having there, I’d quite happily pay a good plasterer what ever they wanted (as long as it’s not more than me lol ) to share jobs with though instead, tbf it’s just the way the world is now I feel

Why don't you get someone semi skilled who'll throw it on with you, like @John j s man? That works well for some people.

Did you admire his cheek enough to take him back on?

I've screamed through men recently. Mine didn't turn up this morning. f**k knows why. We're on day rate and I've not been flogging him.

Well that was a turn up for the books.

My current helper went AWOL yesterday.

I caught up with him this evening.

He struck as a bright bloke so I was surprisedand he's doing an animation degree - so I really didn't think he'd vanish.

He said he told me he'd not be in for a bit but I was going off my head about untangling problems so maybe I forgot.

Turns out that he felt he needed a few days off to finish this while drinking neat gin to finish this for his 3 yo niece/

Then he staggers off and brings back something I thought was an Irish passport.

IT WAS ONLY A f**k**g AIRLINE PILOT'S LICENCE.

I wasn't expecting that.

Some people just enrich your life, don't they?

Agree, very Harry Potter , rustic. Not my thing but I can appreciate the work involved.
Had a customer who was well off , well off and retired, that was her thing, spent all day on it ! Her and her husband went to conventions all over the world . Its big in Canada apparently. Some people are just mental!!!