Is it possible to have thin coat Weber on a sand cement scratch

omoeko

Hi All.

I am looking at my building, the old render has been taken off and stripped down to bricks, in order to save some cash, I would like to ask if its possible to do away with the primer and instead use a sand/cement scratch coat, mixed with 3 in 1 additive and then the thin coat system can go on the scratch sand cement ?

I understand from my little research that manufacturers will not provide warranty if thier primer is not used.

The setup we are thinking of going with is as follows on the brick wall.

Star contact - white and has fibres is the base coat.
Final top coat

For the timber frame

Render board - 10mm which already has fibre mesh on it.
Baumit Primer
Top coat 1.0mm grain

Thanks in advance.

WhatsApp Image 2017-12-19 at 12.38.02.jpeg

You've been on here umpteen times always asking for alternatives there's a reason behind things do right, right do them once, this is getting ridiculous

Last edited:
is that brickwork ? it looks to me to be the tiny blocks that we imported from Belgium in the 70s building boom.

Celcon I'd say

no john, Celcon are 10 and a half to 8 ft story hight. if you look at the brickwork below, these little blocks are about twice the size of a brick.
i remember a bricky telling a builder that they will cost him the same as British blocks, £8 for 10 blocks!

I would do it to spec... if you dont and it fails it will cost you again... and probably more money!!

How much is it realistically going to save you?

If they are white limes on edge they are a mothers getting sand and cement render to stay on them it blows you would have to slurry them first

This bloke starts the best threads asks the same question in a different way and gets same response

Hi All.

I am looking at my building, the old render has been taken off and stripped down to bricks, in order to save some cash, I would like to ask if its possible to do away with the primer and instead use a sand/cement scratch coat, mixed with 3 in 1 additive and then the thin coat system can go on the scratch sand cement ?

I understand from my little research that manufacturers will not provide warranty if thier primer is not used.

The setup we are thinking of going with is as follows on the brick wall.

Star contact - white and has fibres is the base coat.
Final top coat

For the timber frame

Render board - 10mm which already has fibre mesh on it.
Baumit Primer
Top coat 1.0mm grain

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 20745
Just get a f**k**g person that nos what there doing you c**t. But then your probably one of these people that don’t pay on the end of the job because you spent it on being a twit.

This bloke starts the best threads asks the same question in a different way and gets same response
Albert Einstein is broadly credited with exclaiming “The definition of insanity is posting the same question on The Plasterers Forum and expecting a different answer"

Last edited: