is rated people worth going on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each to there own.
Best bet is to ring people off rated people and ask individually then you'll get an idea. Some will say great others will say ok and some will say shite!

It's a complete rip off now, used to be really good but just way to expensive with some dud leads too which I'm sure they would deny.
Checkatrade is also very expensive and want money upfront which is something I do not like especially when it's around 600 notes for something that you may never see a penny in return.

Yeah, save your money, pal. Rated People are scum of the earth. Had a free trial with them a few years back and didn't even go through the thirty days it was that infuriating. Left with free credit in my account it was that bad. As GPS has said, a lot of false leads, fake emails etc. And the lead prices are extortionate. I mean, like thirty quid a lead. And then you find it doesn't even exist. Probably the biggest load of gobshites I have ever had the misfortune to come across in the past few years. Try MyBuilder. Of all these sites I would say it was the best. The leads are petty reasonable. Just got one through a few minutes back for £3 plus vat - a ceiling and a wall needing skimming.

Invite plastering of a ceiling
+is rated people worth going on
£3+ VAT
Wallasey5.1 miles away

• Details
Job description
We need a Bedroom ceiling plastering and possibly one wall. The ceiling will be plaster boarded. Need it doing this weekend if possible. Thank You

Rated People would charge you thirty quid for that. No yearly membership crap either. You have nothing to lose.

Ive had my profile fir years on there used it lot at first ,did well,then got ripped off with dud leads but I just been back on it in last month n payed £180 for the year n got £160 worth leads free so aint bad ,but key soon as the lead comes on if u want go for it ,because u could end up yer wasting money if u reply a couple of hours later as the customer might leave the lead on there n get someone from elsewhere ,check a trade is £600 for a year u get a membership website n van sign written but don't fancy it at mo not just b4 xmas

It's a complete rip off now, used to be really good but just way to expensive with some dud leads too which I'm sure they would deny.
Checkatrade is also very expensive and want money upfront which is something I do not like especially when it's around 600 notes for something that you may never see a penny in return.
600 pound!.Fcuk that.

one or 2 jobs and its paid for :D

Yea if your making a 300 quid profit on 1 or 2 jobs!
If it's just a room reskim it would take a few to actually pay for it wouldn't it.

I pay about 650/700 for Checkatrade and I honestly can't fault it.
Been there about 3 years now and I'd say I get about 10-15 calls a week from it and will get 70-80% of them.

Each to there own but marketing and advertising isn't just pay for something and expect it to work. You have work with it to make it happen.

one or 2 jobs and its paid for :D

But it's not though unless it's one or two jobs that are in the thousands of pounds of value, you can't say if you have two jobs that come to £600 that it's paid for itself because it has not, after wages materials etc it may have paid off 30 or 40 quid
Like @Jurek has said my builder is the one, I do not use it as much now but over the last 5 years I've probably took well over 100k from it

Jurek had a good idea @ Danny why not get advertising in areas with feed back that way people could see good trades maybe a small charge paid to yourself by members ....feed back is always good .

But it's not though unless it's one or two jobs that are in the thousands of pounds of value, you can't say if you have two jobs that come to £600 that it's paid for itself because it has not, after wages materials etc it may have paid off 30 or 40 quid
Like @Jurek has said my builder is the one, I do not use it as much now but over the last 5 years I've probably took well over 100k from it

to be honest I think its a small price to pay...

I know far far far too many trades whos work comes solely off checkatrade... I am not affiliated in any way with them either :D

We get leaflets through our door from checkatrade advertising local trades and bar getting referrals for the trades I may be looking for through people i know in the pub, checkatrade is my next step

to be honest I think its a small price to pay...

I know far far far too many trades whos work comes solely off checkatrade... I am not affiliated in any way with them either :D

We get leaflets through our door from checkatrade advertising local trades and bar getting referrals for the trades I may be looking for through people i know in the pub, checkatrade is my next step
Mate if u ever need a plasterer just ask

We'll not me but one of the other lads I sure they will help :risas:

Yea if your making a 300 quid profit on 1 or 2 jobs!
If it's just a room reskim it would take a few to actually pay for it wouldn't it.

I pay about 650/700 for Checkatrade and I honestly can't fault it.
Been there about 3 years now and I'd say I get about 10-15 calls a week from it and will get 70-80% of them.

Each to there own but marketing and advertising isn't just pay for something and expect it to work. You have work with it to make it happen.
you got a very good success rate there then

Which?`s trustatrader is cheaper, but they charge the customer to get your details. I had an account with rated before, their lead prices are sky high, mybuilder is getting there as well to be pricey.

Yeah, save your money, pal. Rated People are scum of the earth. Had a free trial with them a few years back and didn't even go through the thirty days it was that infuriating. Left with free credit in my account it was that bad. As GPS has said, a lot of false leads, fake emails etc. And the lead prices are extortionate. I mean, like thirty quid a lead. And then you find it doesn't even exist. Probably the biggest load of gobshites I have ever had the misfortune to come across in the past few years. Try MyBuilder. Of all these sites I would say it was the best. The leads are petty reasonable. Just got one through a few minutes back for £3 plus vat - a ceiling and a wall needing skimming.

Invite plastering of a ceiling
+is rated people worth going on
£3+ VAT
Wallasey5.1 miles away

• Details
Job description
We need a Bedroom ceiling plastering and possibly one wall. The ceiling will be plaster boarded. Need it doing this weekend if possible. Thank You

Rated People would charge you thirty quid for that. No yearly membership crap either. You have nothing to lose.
cheers for that m8 ,I think I ,ll give it a miss I didn't like the idea of paying £15 a month as well as paying for leads,I've just joined mybuilder ,and getting a job straightaway ,for £3

you got a very good success rate there then

Yea it is. I don't even call them all back either as I struggle to get back to everyone to be honest.
I'm in the stage of wanting to expand but don't know how and also reluctant to just use anyone to do it for me!

Checkatrade is what you make it.
Get those reviews in do a good job, keep them coming and the cycle continues.

The easy and stupid way to explain it is you wouldn't buy a brand new car put no petrol in it but expect to drive everywhere would you?
There's still things you have to do to get it going!

the thing is checkatrade is not like that... they advertise you to the customer and you deal directly no buying leads or anything...

Amen.

Checkatrade is nothing like rated people, my builder etc.

Granted you can fake your reviews but if you do that to try and get work once you get jobs from it and your work isn't up to standard the real people you just got a real job from which you done real bad will then leave a real review which will show on your account and then people won't use you.
I had someone leave a bad review once because I didn't call them back, it was taken down by Checkatrade as they could tell the idiot hadn't actually used me!
As before I've been a member for about 3 years now.
It's helped get my name out there and I now get very good regular work from it.
I'm happy to speak to anyone who wants info from a member. You'll get good honest advice.
I may charge if you keep me longer than 10 minutes though!![emoji16][emoji2]

Status
Not open for further replies.