Is There Such A Thing As Premixed Plaster?

Members online

Stevieo

Royal Spin Doctor
Not the big tubs that you get on site but small sealed ones - if so, what's the best stuff?

I've got some big holes to fill and a couple of reveals to build back out - not being a renderer, I don't have a mixer (renting one seems a bit of overkill) and turning it by hand wouldn't be ideal due to location. I know lesser men might be tempted by bonding but it's on an external brick wall, so that's out, isn't it?

Just out of interest while we're here - I've never understood the difference between browning and bonding - anyone?

Cheers.

l
Bonding sticks to owt

Yes but it's on brickwork that's had problems with damp - the damp is fixed but even so, I thought it was a no-no to use bonding? If bonding will be OK, then all my problems are solved.

Have they stopped making browning or is it that b n q have stopped selling it

They were making it the year before last - I had some stone to fill out and was advised to use it for that.

(actually, the guy advised me to use half browning, half bonding - I think he was just waffling, to be fair)

What you mean premixed plaster? Well confused, is it internally or externally?

Sand and cement type stuff.

I've to fix that.

Attachments

• IMG_1856.JPG
    IMG_1856.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 213
Why can’t you get a bag of plaster sand and a bag of cement and knock it up on site? You’ll only need a bucket and trowel, take 5 mins to knock it up

Why can’t you get a bag of plaster sand and a bag of cement and knock it up on site? You’ll only need a bucket and trowel, take 5 mins to knock it up

I could... but fcukign about with such small amounts and no taps handy and the stairwell there and all the rest of it, I just thought that on this occasion, if there was a pot of magic DIY stuff, I'd give it a try.

Bonding has vermiculite in it, metal lathing plaster had it in it too, brownig is shite.

From them pics that looks like its not ground floor and no cavity . So looks a condesation prob so i.d of recommend wall to come of and all wall be insulation board. But dont listen to me cause i.m drunk

Take an old 2 litre water bottle with you. Or use a condom as an improvised water carrying device. Did they not teach you crap hats how to improvise adapt and overcome?
Can a condom hold 2 litre of water. Never would of thought that

Can a condom hold 2 litre of water. Never would of thought that

It could but you should really put it in a sock, which I know will hold a foot that fit sin a size ten boot.

Anyway, I thing that I will pass on @Tinytom suggestion of tuning up with a bunch of rubber johnnies filled with water - in or out of an army sock.

All I wanted to know was if I can buy any kind of decent plaster in a pot - I'm not planning on doing any more plastering in the immediate future, so it just seems easier than having to get the right amount of sand and getting rid of half a bag of dust and all the rest of it if I can buy a pot for the same money.

It could but you should really put it in a sock, which I know will hold a foot that fit sin a size ten boot.

Anyway, I thing that I will pass on @Tinytom suggestion of tuning up with a bunch of rubber johnnies filled with water - in or out of an army sock.

All I wanted to know was if I can buy any kind of decent plaster in a pot - I'm not planning on doing any more plastering in the immediate future, so it just seems easier than having to get the right amount of sand and getting rid of half a bag of dust and all the rest of it if I can buy a pot for the same money.
The answer to your question is no. You can’t buy ready mixed sand and cement.
Why don’t you trowel on some ready mixed floor tile adhesive it’s waterproof and sticky it’ll not fall back off or let any damp through

The answer to your question is no. You can’t buy ready mixed sand and cement.
Why don’t you trowel on some ready mixed floor tile adhesive it’s waterproof and sticky it’ll not fall back off or let any damp through

Now we're getting somewhere. I didn't think I'd get actual sand and cement but I wondered if there was some alternative product that I could build out with - will it build out OK or should I just stop being a tit and get a bag of sand?

Now we're getting somewhere. I didn't think I'd get actual sand and cement but I wondered if there was some alternative product that I could build out with - will it build out OK or should I just stop being a tit and get a bag of sand?
If it’s sagging whisk in a couple of fresh eggs to give it a bit more body

And cement ..... you near me i.ve got some tile adeshive in shed ye can have . ....... ..£2,50

I could... but fcukign about with such small amounts and no taps handy and the stairwell there and all the rest of it, I just thought that on this occasion, if there was a pot of magic DIY stuff, I'd give it a try.
Why dont you call round a site and fill a bucket or 2 with tub mortar? Or if there is plastererz on site mixing they would probably give you a couple buckets