issues help needed

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

gm_renovations

Hi All

Just wondered if some body can give me some advice,

I have been plastering a few months now after doing an intensive course, i have been plastering anything that i can friends family and all my own walls,

I have got to a pretty good standard,

On some of my walls there are still a few low spots, and i cannot get the hole wall in uniformed colour, they look fine once painted, just maybe 5 low spots in a whole room, i take my time and only do small areas in a set,

Any tips on how to sort this out guys and any tips to make sure i get the best finish as i have my first paying job next week and im shitting it, also how did your first job go?

Gaz

Im in a similar situation to yourself, so cant really offer much advice past what im sure you already know

I did however come across this the over day - www.wickes.co.uk/content/ebiz/wickes/resources/images/gil/20.pdf - It mentions using 'flatness guides', never heard of em before and to be honest looks like a bit too much perlava for me but im sure they serve a purpose.

Sorry I cant really help but no doubt someone on these boards more knowledgeable than myself will give you a few worthy pointers!

Don't worry too much about the plaster being the same colour at this stage. The important thing is what it looks like painted. As you do more you'll get more adept at identifying low spots and roughness. Don't use too much water. Work with the plaster. If it doesnt need water just wet your trowel. This will lessen the fat which dries lighter.

I learnt this only this weekend, just wet the trowel and not the wall. Unless its over hardwall or S&C then use a bit more water.

Danny

Or if it starts setting too soon throw water at the b*****d and trowel like mad screaming
"Oh my god! oh my god! oh my god!"
Well it works for me!!!!
;D

Status
Not open for further replies.