Its a weird old state of affairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

CeeVee

Got back off holiday on Sunday and got a call from a builder I know to see if I'm available.

Yes I say....what have you got.
He says, well my builders are dot and dabbing two houses out, and theres some demolition work for you, knocking a porch down and making good the render...

I've taken the work but can't help thinking....why are builders doing plasterers work...and plasterers doing builders work?

Last edited:
I just lurv knocking things down.................my anger management teacher says it's good for me :RpS_cool:

Got back off holiday on Sunday and got a call from a builder I know to see if I'm available.

He says, well my builders are dot and dabbing two houses out, and theres some demolition work for you, knocking a porch down and making good the render...

I've taken the work but can't help thinking....why are builders doing plasterers work...and plasterers doing builders work?

:RpS_confused: Fcked up bud...

Lets get this straight, a builder rings up a plasterer and asks him to do some demolition work for him while his men get on with dot an dab and then that plasterer asks tpf for advise, come on mate your in the wrong job

Its all to do with money mate, alot of my builders are starting to do the dri lining them selfs and then theyll say are these gaps ok? Can u just pull this wall straight mate ect!.... And not to forget the skrim not sticking because of all the joints theyve filled in tutut.

Its all to do with money mate, alot of my builders are starting to do the dri lining them selfs and then theyll say are these gaps ok? Can u just pull this wall straight mate ect!.... And not to forget the skrim not sticking because of all the joints theyve filled in tutut.

Ahhhhggggg don't get me started with the gaps being filled with dab!!! The amount of times I've told them!! Fckin pet hate that!!! Not only don't the tapes stick but you have to run the brush over them first rage!!!!!!:mad:

Because he knows you're crap at D&D?

Everyone thinks they can dot and dab, they never plumb it or leave corners square, you need a coat of bonding before you skim. Ps I like bit of demolition myself,had three weeks of it last year, slowly and safely.

if a builders standard of dabbing is out like tha standard of plastering is gonna be twatful...............probably easier knocking down the porch than sorting out his the boarding................:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.