jammed solid

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

essexandy

The Lake Governor
I know there have been threads on here about collated screw guns in the past but have any of you guys had trouble with the Makita 6843 screw gun jamming up?
Today mine jammed up, I managed to clear the jammed screw only for the ******* thing to do the same thing not a hundred screws later and this time it's a real mess. This time it's actually mangled the workings at the front of the gun and I can't even get the screws cleared. I was even using Makita screws for a change.

Mine does it all the time I have to carry a pair of long nose pliers with me to clear it, sometimes the screw screws into the metal on the front of the gun, poor design.

Mine does it all the time I have to carry a pair of long nose pliers with me to clear it, sometimes the screw screws into the metal on the front of the gun, poor design.

That sounds exactly like what mine did, the screw skewed of to the side within the workings.

we used makita for a bit kept having to buy new ends but it is the design because iv got senco now and never had a problem with it

I think its because you didnt go to college Andy, they teach you how to use screw guns correctly there! ;)

I've decided you're right Free and have told the client I'll be back to finish the job in four years.

"jammed solid".

I thought for a second you were talking about your new machine.:RpS_scared:

Don't ******* tempt fate.

Collated are wank.

Just what I'm starting to think.

we used makita for a bit kept having to buy new ends but it is the design because iv got senco now and never had a problem with it

Yep the rubber end has ****** up as well so ordered another ten earlier grrrrr.

That's why I ****** off my Makita and got my money back. Their collated end is shite. Get a Hilti, you know you want to.

Yeah but this story gets worse. I already have two of these guns for different screw lengths even though as a rule I don't do the tacking myself but because my son and I are tacking this job out I ordered another one of these feckers on Friday:RpS_cursing:

What i do on my makita if the screw goes into the metal end is remove the rest of the strip, then switch the gun into reverse push the gun against the wall and it winds the screw out. I found mine used to jam up alot before but i changed the sprung door like gide at the end of the shaft.

What i do on my makita if the screw goes into the metal end is remove the rest of the strip, then switch the gun into reverse push the gun against the wall and it winds the screw out. I found mine used to jam up alot before but i changed the sprung door like gide at the end of the shaft.

When you say "changed" was it old and knackered as my gun is just about brand new.

spunky when collated guns work without jamming, theyre a million times faster than manual OR nailing. i had one but it started to jam all the time so chucked it, i am going to get a hilti eventually through tonys recommendation but i cant gather the courage to tell the mrs im going to have to remortgage the house!

Collated are crap, bring one on a job in Laaandan and some thick f ucker will nick it in minutes cos they dont know what it is just looks good, most jobs my boys do are labour only and can be anything between 2 and 5 thousand boards the builders wont pay for collated screws, ide match my eldest boy with his Hilti screw gun against anyone with a collated over a week.

Collated are crap, bring one on a job in Laaandan and some thick f ucker will nick it in minutes cos they dont know what it is just looks good, most jobs my boys do are labour only and can be anything between 2 and 5 thousand boards the builders wont pay for collated screws, ide match my eldest boy with his Hilti screw gun against anyone with a collated over a week.

I'd rather pay for my own screws than use single ones supplied by some tight c.unt.

Status
Not open for further replies.