Jimbob the plasterer

Members online

Jimbob87

Does anyone know how to prevent Carlite bonding from going off so quickly in mixing bucket. One min it's fine. Then the next it's solid in the bucket.

Are you using dirty water or dirty buckets, bonding always used to go off pretty damn quick in the mixing trays but it seems a lot better now, to me anyway. Had to wash your shovel pretty much every gauge

have you checked use by dates on bags?
have you checked use by dates on bags?
Are you using dirty water or dirty buckets, bonding always used to go off pretty damn quick in the mixing trays but it seems a lot better now, to me anyway. Had to wash your shovel pretty much every gauge
No mate. I'm not using dirty water or dirty bucket. This is why I can't understand why it's happening.

Can you use Carlite bonding over old lath?
Yes, just push it on diagonal to the laths like you would with sand and lime so it grips over the laths but doesn’t push straight up and the drop off, you will probably need to Prick it up first and let that pick up till it nearly gone off then put your float coat on, once that’s gone off skim it. If it’s to thick gyproc it first then bond it. If it’s a whole ceiling reboard it all and skim it

Yes, just push it on diagonal to the laths like you would with sand and lime so it grips over the laths but doesn’t push straight up and the drop off, you will probably need to Prick it up first and let that pick up till it nearly gone off then put your float coat on, once that’s gone off skim it. If it’s to thick gyproc it first then bond it. If it’s a whole ceiling reboard it all and skim it
Thanks for your advice mouldyoldspudgun

How quick is going off quick ? 30,40,60 minutes?
That depends, remember there will be no suction so to the point where it’s gone at the back of the stuff but the surface is still tacky. Remember bonding goes off from the front forward where as sand and cement goes from the front backwards

That depends, remember there will be no suction so to the point where it’s gone at the back of the stuff but the surface is still tacky. Remember bonding goes off from the front forward where as sand and cement goes from the front backwards
Thanks mate he said it goes off “well quick in the bucket” I was just thinking maybe he was quite slow at getting it out of bucket possibly that’s why asked him how long, for all we know he could mean an hour I’d know what I mean

That should have said bonding goes off from the back forward, sorry about that, a senior moment