job advertised by agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the job center site late in the day yesterday.i call early this a m and say calling about the plastering job in preston they say can we have some details which i give.then they say we will call you if anything comes up ,hang on i say im calling about a specific job the one in preston, oh thats gone ,what already cant see it myself ok you have one in stockport oh thats gone aswell.

so i say you wanted all these references,advertised late yesterday and at 9.o5 am they have gone ,you dont tell me when i first call but take my details.they reply yes ,i reply bull sh it you are just trying to expand your data base so you can sell your selfs better and put the phone down.

called the job center about them and an hour later called again about the jobs to be told immediatltly they have no jobs to offer wan kers

oh and they didnt ask for my details 2nd time round

i use to do a bit for agencies about 4 yrs ago, when work was good.

it got me in with a lot of contractors and proved to be a very good stepping stone for me, it got me a lot of contacts too.

now-a-days they post up fake jobs so you ring, and they get your details. they have targets to hit and and need to get names, numbers ect.

i wouldn't entertain it now as they only pay £10-£11 p/h up north and its not worth it after fuel/tax/insurance.... ect.

plus there are that many out of work they jump on it straight away.

i'v posted on another forum asking if anybody would be interested in labouring in the future just to get some details, i'v had 70+ messages inside 48 hours.

thats how bad it is.

Your in the thick off it rocksolid these agencies are struggling mate try putting a advert on gumtree for your area you never know what may come off it.
Plasterers should be gettint at least £15 per hour Fook me it's a trade and a skill when all said and done.

Guys.. Go online and find your nearest BNI group. BNI is business networking. I would seriously suggest that you go along as a visitor and take a pile of business cards with you. I joined our local group because I could see the benefits in it and I can say that I come back with at least one job a week for the firm, they are not always big jobs. This week was to plaster a porch out but some weeks I have had 6 referrals given to me.

It does work on a reffal basis but if the group has a good property power circle you will be fine. It does cost for the membership and weekly subs but you can make that back and cover it easily.

BNI doesn't suit everyone but I would strongly suggest you give it a go... at the very least, you will have a full breakfast and had made 20+ new contacts who have your number and know what you do.

Business Networking - BNI UK

let me know if any of you go and what you think...

This is good advice... you need to be doing what the others are not...lol

I thought about going to a few myself but far too lazy

Status
Not open for further replies.