Job for fresh starters!

Members online

smoother09

Seen this on indeed website for young lads?
Screenshot_20171128-183235.png

Lol, they want them to have completed college and still take the s**t money, I'd pay an unskilled labourer more

Ok to give this some balance as a sole trader in South Yorkshire I wouldn't be able to pay a unskilled lad from college more than that...

End of the day it's still 200 a week that you would need to find to cover there costs whilst there not producing any work...

Fair play once there productive there money reflects...

Lots of domestic jobs are 1man 1day jobs.

@Lodan how your able to pay more I'm intrigued?

Lol, they want them to have completed college and still take the s**t money, I'd pay an unskilled labourer more
You are only a labourer ,they want people who have been to college with real qualification,and able to sit a CSCS exam,it’s called continuous professional development,not a pretend plasterer without any recognised qualifications.

Actually, that's so s**t as to be illegal and that you should report them. I would if I could be arsed googling the wording of the ad.
Nah it is not illegal, an apprentice min wage is £3.50 pH he is offering £5 so not a bad offer really.

Nah it is not illegal, an apprentice min wage is £3.50 pH he is offering £5 so not a bad offer really.

He's advertising for a college leaver. Isn't the point of being a college LEAVER that you aren't an apprentice any more?

Or have I totally misunderstood what apprentices do and the whole point of being one?

Ok to give this some balance as a sole trader in South Yorkshire I wouldn't be able to pay a unskilled lad from college more than that...

End of the day it's still 200 a week that you would need to find to cover there costs whilst there not producing any work...

I wouldn't because I'm not a limited company who has the sort of jobs on that scale, also I'm not advertising it, the odd time I have a labourer for a few days I know I need him and pay him £60 per day and put my price in accordingly, a lad out of college would skim a wall with you just giving a tickle near the end so if two walls a day not worth £60-£80 it's not priced right

He's advertising for a college leaver. Isn't the point of being a college LEAVER that you aren't an apprentice any more?

Or have I totally misunderstood what apprentices do and the whole point of being one?

No it all depends what course they have done at college and as an example I passed my advanced craft in 83 and was still an apprentice until 4 months after passing it. The going to college bit is supposed to back up the apprenticeship bit not replace it.

You are only a labourer ,they want people who have been to college with real qualification,and able to sit a CSCS exam,it’s called continuous professional development,not a pretend plasterer without any recognised qualifications.
Lol I'm boarding and skimming a 500k house at the minute, I don't care who sits what test or had what qualification, the proofs in the pudding

No it all depends what course they have done at college and as an example I passed my advanced craft in 83 and was still an apprentice until 4 months after passing it. The going to college bit is supposed to back up the apprenticeship bit not replace it.
Isn't a leaver finished at college, he's left unless I mis understand

If someone is daft enough to take it self employed the contractor can pay them as low as they like. Only employees have rights.

Isn't a leaver finished at college, he's left unless I mis understand

Just because a person attends college for however many weeks and left after successfully passing all assignments etc it does not mean they have served an apprenticeship, it only means they have completed a college course. Ask @Arti how good the college completers are.

Just because a person attends college for however many weeks and left after successfully passing all assignments etc it does not mean they have served an apprenticeship, it only means they have completed a college course. Ask @Arti how good the college completers are.
Sorry was only asking, I didn't do one so I don't know:aburrido::aburrido:

I appreciate that but even so, it sounds like they want someone newly qualified to work on an apprentice wage.

AND self employed.....

Sounds like a chancer to me.

Tbf same firm are also adverising £120 a day for a plasterer.

Think there about right 40 a day for a lad that just fetches gear from van and sweep up personally.

Tbf same firm are also adverising £120 a day for a plasterer.

Think there about right 40 a day for a lad that just fetches gear from van and sweep up personally.

Indeed. But that's not what they are advertising for, is it? They're advertising for a qualified plasterer who needs to transfer his college skills to the actual trade.

I appreciate that but even so, it sounds like they want someone newly qualified to work on an apprentice wage.

AND self employed.....

Being newly qualified don't equal actually being any good though. They are basically offering someone straight out of college an opportunity.

Sounds like a chancer to me.

Indeed. But that's not what they are advertising for, is it? They're advertising for a qualified plasterer who needs to transfer his college skills to the actual trade.

Still agree with them sorry.

A college leaves will be f**k**g hopeless still need training and bad habits kicking out of them.

Then once up to speed and producing there wage will increase to cover.

Still can't see the problem.

40 quid a day could be handy for someone who really wants to make it in the trade, it's not footballer's wage and today's kids expecting big wages from the start line.
I couldn't get a labourer for 100-120 a day but they would graft properly and they know what's what most of the time. Have a few mates who pays 70-80 a day but they get what they pay for.

Fine. No problem with giving a new lad a chance.

But an apprentice is an apprentice. It's an official thing with an official rate of pay.

This employer is looking for a newly qualified man on less than the rate.

There's laws about people like him doing things like that for a very good reason.

@Danny had a good idea tbf , plasterers should be paid to take op advert then everyone is a winner, I can’t ever see it getting sorted when it’s said there needs to be more apprentices and young coming through without that happening, I don’t know any trademan that has a proper full time apprentice

40 quid a day could be handy for someone who really wants to make it in the trade, it's not footballer's wage and today's kids expecting big wages from the start line.
I couldn't get a labourer for 100-120 a day but they would graft properly and they know what's what most of the time. Have a few mates who pays 70-80 a day but they get what they pay for.

Agreed. I was in UK for much of last year.

I like what I currently do for a living but it doesn't pay enough. Fortunately, it's 'Passive income'. That is to say that I don't have to work very hard for it.

So I was quite happy to work for that sort of money on that sort of arrangement to further my skills.

But that's an entirely private arrangement and nobody was taking the piss out of words like apprentice or minumim wage.

Your comparing barnsley to London..

Ford fiesta to a jaguar!!!

Your comparing barnsley to London..

Ford fiesta to a jaguar!!!
Can pick up a spread in London for 60-80 quid cash for a 10 hr day, they all queueing up at selcos, b&q and wickes with their shiny new trowels
It's very hit and miss in London, site rates are low as. Some happy to work for that some not. Recently got offered a job in central London, £180 a day, can't park, so have to take the train for thirty odd quid a day, leave at half five on the train get home at 7ish pay cis, retention, soon a shelf stacker position makes more sense

lol that was more money than I was on... and I hade to pay tax and got stopped that stupid 5% site shite as well...

Plus they might f**k off and waste your time and money however much it was!

i'm sure we,ve all started on the low end of the scale, however its still ten bob more than a tutors wage, :inocente::inocente: but as a consolation they make it up with 200 days payed leave :inocente: