Johnstones stormshield

Members online

@themucky1 did you do this job? What was the gear like? Got a house to do in the new year and thinking i'll give it a try purely based on local pick up and them offering 25 years on it if thats really the case

Yeh I've used it and to be fair it's decent gear and priced competitively, I've done my last 4/5 jobs using it and I'm using this instead of Jub now, the warranty isn't 25 years as I was told but the manufacturers warranty is for 15 years which is still a bonus I've only used the silicone enhanced texture and found it spreads ok and leaves a decent finish the basecoat also sprays well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeh I've used it and to be fair it's decent gear and priced competitively, I've done my last 4/5 jobs using it and I'm using this instead of Jub now, the warranty isn't 25 years as I was told but the manufacturers warranty is for 15 years which is still a bonus I've only used the silicone enhanced texture and found it spreads ok and leaves a decent finish the basecoat also sprays well

Cheers i'll give them a call tomorrow to get some prices and details.

So is it a fair bit cheaper than jub?

On the m2 rate for a 90mm system yeh by about a fiver if I can remember and for profiles Johnstones are cheaper than Wemico and it's made by Wemico, 1mm gauge base track an 1.8mm gauge verge trim

So is it a fair bit cheaper than jub?

I rang up today and got quoted £10.50 per bag of base coat, £35 per roll of mesh, and £35 per tub of top coat. We always use k-rend but people say this is good gear so at almost half the price on the top coat its worth a try. Local collection is a big plus too.

I looked at a nice detached house today and using johnstones over k-rend brings the price down by £1100 on materials for that one.

On the m2 rate for a 90mm system yeh by about a fiver if I can remember and for profiles Johnstones are cheaper than Wemico and it's made by Wemico, 1mm gauge base track an 1.8mm gauge verge trim

That's a massive difference!!
So do you pass the saving on to the customer??!![emoji23]

I rang up today and got quoted £10.50 per bag of base coat, £35 per roll of mesh, and £35 per tub of top coat. We always use k-rend but people say this is good gear so at almost half the price on the top coat its worth a try. Local collection is a big plus too.

I looked at a nice detached house today and using johnstones over k-rend brings the price down by £1100 on materials for that one.

There silicone textures not £70 surely?

Attachments

• IMG_6591.PNG
    IMG_6591.PNG
    671.3 KB · Views: 662

To be fair the texture is a lot cheaper than the Jub I was using but in my opinion it's not half as good to rub or finish it leaves