Joining plasterboard to plaster

Members online

Server

I have a wall that has been plastered (base coat and then skimmed), now in one part, there is a lot of plastic ducting (and it's back to brick, no plaster) and I am concerned if I try to plaster it, it won't stick. So the easy way is to put a piece of plasterboard over it. However how do I join and blend in the plasterboard edge to the base coat / skim coat ?

I do intend to reskim it all.

I have a wall that has been plastered (base coat and then skimmed), now in one part, there is a lot of plastic ducting (and it's back to brick, no plaster) and I am concerned if I try to plaster it, it won't stick. So the easy way is to put a piece of plasterboard over it. However how do I join and blend in the plasterboard edge to the base coat / skim coat ?

Post a pic .

The boxes have yet to be secured in and cement added above so it is flush with the brick. I.E. hole filled in

Assume you don't want the easy version, DND the whole wall ? So DND the patch , PVA ( seal ) existing plaster , wet the exposed brick and hardwall , PVA ( sticking coat) to existing plaster ,skim first coat and trowel on the scrim tape to the board joints & hardwall to existing plaster joints , flatten, skim second coat

Didn't see your pictures , too lazy to retype an answer lol