joist hangers and timber sizes

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ali

ive ordered 50x200 joists, ordered hangers from elsewhere but just checked the delivery note and the 200x50mm joists say 195x47 finished size 195x44! anyone else had this. more joist hangers me thinks, never seen 44mm hangers anywhere.

just tw@t some thin wedges in if there brick in jobbies...
or just stretch em round the joist with the galvos if theyre the ones you hang off more timber and muller the bottom flat once theyve been nailed on...
theres a name for both of em but i cant remember either... :RpS_laugh:

timber to timber ones mate but i think the building inspector pull his face, b*****d merchants, why say yes we have 200x50 joists when they dont. dirty bastards

everything that gets planed is always 'ex' whatever the size is... never got me head round that...
3x2 cls for example, its nowhere bloody NEAR 3x2...
and why the f'ck are timber 8x4's 2440 and plasterboards are 2400?
and why dont they make a door liner the right size to fit 3x2 or 4x2 cls? being as cls is for studwork? what happens when you stick a 4 1/4" door liner in?
theyre all c'nts mate... bastids... satans clinker eating scum!
is it a big job then? i tend to list all the materials and just get the merchants to price the lot etc... joists, hangers to suit etc..
think you can get silly size hangers but ill bet they wont have them in bloody stock! typical....

doing a loft conversion at mine as and when i can fit it in mate, stud walls have got to be '' 100x50'' betcha cant get that bloody size either.

if its structural it'll have to be graded timber but if its just studwalling just use rough sawn, then at least a 5 1/4 door liner will fit the f'cker on 1/2" board...

i dont like to handle ruff sawn timber, i like it nice and smooth because i dont want blisters or calluses ;-)

Planed timber is always gonna be smaller better to use sawn stress graded when using hangers i personaly never use them but use jiffy hangers sometimes, ply comes up 8 by 4 cos most of it is made in the Philapines and other places in South East Asia for the American market who still work in Imperial.

ahhhhhhhh never even entered my head about the yanks... nice one lucius thats finally cleared that up for me... :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.