JT Doves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arti

I have a doves merchants just round the corner which i started using again in the middle of the recession when Doves realised that the sole trader was of significant value when the sites were slowing down and they made their prices more competitive to smaller businesses. Got an invoice through the other day and they are charging me £6.69 + VAT per standard wall board...................:wtf:.

Not had a chance to speak to them yet but they can muff my ass for £8 a board, seems they have gone back to looking after the big boys:endesacuerdo:

Aye a noticed it being dear , me dad still always gans there . Just make the prices up sometimes the metchants , with a account aswell its a nightmare as u dont no the price till you get it posted out unless u go through it all with then every time . Keyline seem canny enough like , just been using them for a builder etc . Dunno about the prices but got told off the builder they were doing the boards for cost price to get rid as they get a rebate off say bg after they order so much etc

I can get a pallet of 12.5mm boards off them for for approx £4.50 + vat buying the odd one here and there tho is dearer and an 8x4 isn't that much dearer than a 6x3 off them. I'm screwed up here tho cos i have a 40-45 mile drive minimum to nearest wickes or B&Q. I normally play them off against mkm. Fooked them off for a kitchen last week cos i said i wanted their best price straight away and howdens beat them by 600 they then said well we can have another look at it and i just told them to stuff it. Like women marra treat them mean to keep them keen (y) (divint worry our lass is out and she'll never see this anyway);)

I can get a pallet of 12.5mm boards off them for for approx £4.50 + vat buying the odd one here and there tho is dearer and an 8x4 isn't that much dearer than a 6x3 off them. I'm screwed up here tho cos i have a 40-45 mile drive minimum to nearest wickes or B&Q. I normally play them off against mkm. Fooked them off for a kitchen last week cos i said i wanted their best price straight away and howdens beat them by 600 they then said well we can have another look at it and i just told them to stuff it. Like women marra treat them mean to keep them keen (y) (divint worry our lass is out and she'll never see this anyway);)

Have you not got a selco? And don't you just put the price of materials on your bill!?

Have you not got a selco? And don't you just put the price of materials on your bill!?

I live in what is claimed to be one of the most rural towns in England and have a minimum 17 mile drive to my nearest merchants and could only dream of having a selco or the like near to me.

I live in what is claimed to be one of the most rural towns in England and have a minimum 17 mile drive to my nearest merchants and could only dream of having a selco or the like near to me.[/QUOTE

I'd have to pack up and leave [emoji22][emoji22] or not be in the trade

Where are you based?

Status
Not open for further replies.