Just a hello! post.

Members online

Andyca

Hello TPF,

I'm a jack of all trades who helps out people in my community by showing them how to do plumbing, electrical, building, and handyman jobs when they can't afford to hire someone to do jobs for them. I've done a bit of rendering but my plastering experience is mainly making good of inspection holes after plumbing/electrical work.

Joined here as I've just removed a cracked shower tray and discovered an interesting wall I've not seen before... so check out my other post. :)

You're not a handyman. You're a f**k**g lunatic.

Not too bad with electrics my arse.

Pack it in before you kill someone. People like you give multitraders a bad name.

Well I can't argue with the first point. I generally only arrive after the professionals have mad a right hash of something, or if someone is destitute and in an emergency.

Just got back from fixing a leak for a 90year old where rats had chewed through some plastic pipes. put some traps down blocked the rat hole in the toilet waste, added a speedfit joint to the pipe and Bob's your proverbial. I'll be back in a couple of weeks to repair the hole I made in the ceiling plaster all for free.

I'm only giving bad traders a bad name, like the person who installed a toilet with the cheapest flex waste pipe I've ever seen... I wouldn't have used it for an air vent!

Hello TPF,

I'm a jack of all trades who helps out people in my community by showing them how to do plumbing, electrical, building, and handyman jobs when they can't afford to hire someone to do jobs for them. I've done a bit of rendering but my plastering experience is mainly making good of inspection holes after plumbing/electrical work.

Joined here as I've just removed a cracked shower tray and discovered an interesting wall I've not seen before... so check out my other post. :)
you heard of the 18th edition

Well I can't argue with the first point. I generally only arrive after the professionals have mad a right hash of something, or if someone is destitute and in an emergency.

Just got back from fixing a leak for a 90year old where rats had chewed through some plastic pipes. put some traps down blocked the rat hole in the toilet waste, added a speedfit joint to the pipe and Bob's your proverbial. I'll be back in a couple of weeks to repair the hole I made in the ceiling plaster all for free.

I'm only giving bad traders a bad name, like the person who installed a toilet with the cheapest flex waste pipe I've ever seen... I wouldn't have used it for an air vent!
Plenty of people calling themselves professionals out there and shitting all over someone’s house!

I suppose that’s kind of nice of you, so long as you’ve got your certificates if you’re doing electrics etc.

My dad has ended up doing handyman type stuff. He helped out a couple mates of my mum who then passed his number to their mates. And he charges dick all and doesn’t want to do it most of the time but he’s too nice to say no lol