just starting out

Status
Not open for further replies.

neil4073

Hi all,
just starting out plastering.I've been tiling for about 6 months and thought it would be great to learn plastering to go hand in hand with the tiling. I start my first plastering job next week and am now bricking it.I suppose it always the same when you start something completely new as your out of your comfort zone.
I was hoping that i could get some pointers to help me with this new venture i have taken on.
I am dealing with a kitchen ceiling which has had water damage in one corner.The ceiling has been artexed and the client wants the surface to be plat so they can fix spots on it.Would you advise that i only replace the damaged area with plasterborad and skim then skim over the artex or is there something else i should be doing.
Please don't be too harsh as i said it is my first job. What should i do about the existing lighting ?
Any help with this would be of great comfort to me as i'm beginning to have sleepless nights thinking about this job
Many thanks for reading this and any advice will be gratefully received

Welcome to the forum,

I always like it when the sparky has cut the holes cos more often than not they need to cut more holes than needed....

If the holes for the spots are cut mind out for the dolllop.... you will see what I mean.... real pain in the arse when it happens.

Cut the water damage out re nog the joist making the new plaster board somewhere near the the artex screw skrim then skim..... Perfect.

Use WBA that will slow the section down but make sure its full dry

Hope this helps and most importantly GOOD LUCK

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.