K rend Lw1

Members online

claremont

We got a job spraying k rend lw1 on to eps next week anyone sprayed it.?
Any tips on spraying through Ritmo would be appreciated.
Thanks

Thanks

I went to visit a job being done with Weber. 6m high 12m across. They sprayed a first pass then meshed then turned back. It was summer and 2pm. Left overnight.

Thanks

Tight first pass with mesh. 4-5mm tight and flat as you can to get mesh bedded. Let it pull in but not set, don't go straight back over it give it a bit to get some body. 8mm last pass as I said get first pass flat to avoid halos.

Fix the beads with firtrees, don't stick, this gear responds to different suction quite a bit so you could end up with dry edges and soft centre if you stick beads with sucky gear. Nightmare.

Apart from that it's decent stuff to put on.

Oh ok thanks Jim,
Trouble is I have stuck beads with hp14 already so what can I do ?
Also you must be spraying quite wet , do you have any idea settings through Ritmo?
Thanks

We ran it through the G4, settings probably won't help you. Spray it on the slightly wet side, it should hang nicely if you get the mix right.

We base coated the beads on the first run and it caused us big grief. The top was hard on the edges as suction dried it out and soft in the middle where the boards had no suction. We just about got away with it. Fixing the beads worked loads better.

We ran it through the G4, settings probably won't help you. Spray it on the slightly wet side, it should hang nicely if you get the mix right.

We base coated the beads on the first run and it caused us big grief. The top was hard on the edges as suction dried it out and soft in the middle where the boards had no suction. We just about got away with it. Fixing the beads worked loads better.
52B6D6FC-B0FC-4BBB-8FB7-37C01B1C9EBA.png

Tight first pass with mesh. 4-5mm tight and flat as you can to get mesh bedded. Let it pull in but not set, don't go straight back over it give it a bit to get some body. 8mm last pass as I said get first pass flat to avoid halos.

Fix the beads with firtrees, don't stick, this gear responds to different suction quite a bit so you could end up with dry edges and soft centre if you stick beads with sucky gear. Nightmare.

Apart from that it's decent stuff to put on.
Got a garage to do in krend, never done it before. Was talking to the lad at suppliers and he said to put first coat on thin and give it 15 mins then 2nd coat on bit thicker and just over the beads for scratching back . Also should I just nail on beads as its onto new block work? Any this mate ?

Got a garage to do in krend, never done it before. Was talking to the lad at suppliers and he said to put first coat on thin and give it 15 mins then 2nd coat on bit thicker and just over the beads for scratching back . Also should I just nail on beads as its onto new block work? Any this mate ?
How much did all the materials come too ? Reason I ask is are you prepared to loose all that if it goes tits up ?

How much did all the materials come too ? Reason I ask is are you prepared to loose all that if it goes tits up ?
I've done small jobs with it but noting as big as what I'm going to do. Mainly small garden wall or the odd wall, and did it with another lad. You got any tips ?

Reactions: nbs
2-3 experienced spreads will outrun a machine with one man and a bag boy. Loading outs a pain these days though, starting to fall apart at the seams.
Mate no chance on this planet could you out run me with the machine ! Two of us on a small job 40 bags say on a two lift scaff will be on in 60/90 mins worst case ! You guys will have to mix every bag and carry up scaff then put on wal