K-rend thincoat over HP12 Basecoat.

Members online

scazzer

Hi all, I have been asked to k-rend a garden wall which has been built with semi-engineering bricks. The wall was built using the wrong sand and cement joints. The client doesn't want an organic finish, and also wants a dark grey colour. My queries are :-

1. Do k-rend do a dark grey mono top coat ?
2. Can silicone thin coat be used on top of the HP12 base ?
3. If question 2 is a yes, can I buy grey plastic beads ? (hopefully 6mm)

Thanks for your time.

You can get whatever colour you want in silicone finish. The darker the colour the more expensive though.
I believe dark mono colours can be difficult too.

We're doing a house in hp12 finished with TC15 in a shade of granite. K-rend rep recommended 10mm of hp12 basecoat on mix of bricks and blocks.

We're doing a house in hp12 finished with TC15 in a shade of granite. K-rend rep recommended 10mm of hp12 basecoat on mix of bricks and blocks.
let me know how u get on with granite.
i found that the colour disnt mix very well. couple black spots coming through of the colour seperating

let me know how u get on with granite.
i found that the colour disnt mix very well. couple black spots coming through of the colour seperating
I've already done a few small panels on the rear of the house and a few bits look a little shady but can't get up close to have a look now. I'll see how it goes on the front and do a few pics.

As said any colour you want in silicone TC I've done a few I would call medium greys and never a problem but I spray mine, but I always use white beads because they get covered with the TC

One last question. Will i need to use a primer before applying the tc15 even this time of year ?[/QUOTE
I always prime mate, use winter mix you add it to the tub and it makes it go quicker,or use mineral which goes in a couple of hours and paint with silicone paint.

K rend can get do colour if you give them the colour code, for thin coats they use the NCS colour code, for scrapped texture they use RAL
any questions give them a ring I find their technical advice very helpful

Hi all, I have been asked to k-rend a garden wall which has been built with semi-engineering bricks. The wall was built using the wrong sand and cement joints. The client doesn't want an organic finish, and also wants a dark grey colour. My queries are :-

1. Do k-rend do a dark grey mono top coat ?
2. Can silicone thin coat be used on top of the HP12 base ?
3. If question 2 is a yes, can I buy grey plastic beads ? (hopefully 6mm)

Thanks for your time.
I thought hp12 doesn’t go over engineering brick ? I know you said semi ?