K rend

They started using cement 1824 how can it be modern if it being around that long
Man made fire before that but you can get a modern log burner ! Modern render is just the old way made better dude

I really dont like render... You cant beat brick or stone...

I have yet to see a property that has been rendered look as good as the day it was applied especially down here near the sea...

Glad I found this thread... Just ordered the scaff for the house, re-roofing soon, then hacking off all the pebble dash - which is loose in places - and K Rending. Never used it before but where I've seen it I like the look of it. (Site I worked on in York, about 15 yrs ago, near the railway museum,) However, I have two problems:

1) The bottom metre or so of the (end terrace) house sticks out about 20mm and is brick - previously painted, but that's all been blasted off. (See photo.) I can't really leave the brick showing - someone at sometime has tried pointing it and blathered what looks like almost neat cement all over - it looks a right t*ts. So... I had considered building the area above that out with a scratch coat 3:1 washed sharp sand and cement ith 1:40 Sovereign Rendermix waterproofer/salt inhibitor, then letting a couple of lads I've worked with and K Rend quite a bit do the whole thing, finishing it at a stop bead at DPC level. I've asked this question before and the response has been fairly non committal. But reading between the posts above, I'm getting the impression it's not a good idea.

2) The end of the house doesn't get much sun, and I'm just a bit worried it'll end up going green, over time, as the concrete drive in that area does. Also, there is already staining on the dash, under the boiler flue, and greenish below DPC level, (See other photo.) If it does get stained in future, is there any surface finish you can apply to match it up?

And... if the answer is a definite 'No'... what's the best alternative?

Attachments

• 20mm_Step.jpg
    20mm_Step.jpg
    917.3 KB · Views: 185
  • Brick.jpg
    Brick.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 183
Personally I like Monocouche as a product think it’s better than anything else , factory batched colour and the finish looks better than traditional I think
Will say though a good Roughcast with mono is definitely my favourite render finish
Am doing my own house again soon probably will Roughcast it with mono

Glad I found this thread... Just ordered the scaff for the house, re-roofing soon, then hacking off all the pebble dash - which is loose in places - and K Rending. Never used it before but where I've seen it I like the look of it. (Site I worked on in York, about 15 yrs ago, near the railway museum,) However, I have two problems:

1) The bottom metre or so of the (end terrace) house sticks out about 20mm and is brick - previously painted, but that's all been blasted off. (See photo.) I can't really leave the brick showing - someone at sometime has tried pointing it and blathered what looks like almost neat cement all over - it looks a right t*ts. So... I had considered building the area above that out with a scratch coat 3:1 washed sharp sand and cement ith 1:40 Sovereign Rendermix waterproofer/salt inhibitor, then letting a couple of lads I've worked with and K Rend quite a bit do the whole thing, finishing it at a stop bead at DPC level. I've asked this question before and the response has been fairly non committal. But reading between the posts above, I'm getting the impression it's not a good idea.

2) The end of the house doesn't get much sun, and I'm just a bit worried it'll end up going green, over time, as the concrete drive in that area does. Also, there is already staining on the dash, under the boiler flue, and greenish below DPC level, (See other photo.) If it does get stained in future, is there any surface finish you can apply to match it up?

And... if the answer is a definite 'No'... what's the best alternative?
Use a high polymer primer over all substrates, then a high polymer base coat fully meshed to bring all substrates flush and flat thin coat system that's the better alternative monocouche

Well Kilwaughter Minerals quickly got back to me and gave me the answer to (1), for anyone who's interested. Yes, it's OK, with certain restrictions, as set out in the attached spec.

Attachments

• KR25 - 30 Silicone K1 onto Existing Unpainted Sand & Cement Render - R7 & HP12.pdf
    489 KB · Views: 214