knauf betokontakt tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballsdeep

Hi lads got my first tub the other day. Any tips regarding dilluting and did someone mention you can mix neat pva with it? i always apply my wba with standard mid pile roller from wickes but on the knauf tub it says apply with lambs wool roller? thought they were pricey. cheers

Use it neat if you haven't used it before, any roller will do but I use brushes small one and 4-5 inch. Also give it a good mix for at least a minute by hand to distribute the sand which usually sits on the bottom of tub. Keep a cloth handy to clean off any splashes.

When using WBA the tubs are always full to with in 30mm ish. I brim it with SBR. I find it rolls easier. Also the roller sets from poundland last a couple of weeks before falling apart.

When using WBA the tubs are always full to with in 30mm ish. I brim it with SBR. I find it rolls easier. Also the roller sets from poundland last a couple of weeks before falling apart.

Do you put it on the walls above where you have hacked off and floated then skim over the lot instead of patching it? Hope that makes sense. :)
I like the micro but it doesn't paint onto high suction as well as the Kontakt IMO .

Yeah when it's requested specifically. Our gaffer doesn't normally allow for it. We tend to just float and set the bottom meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.