Knauf board

Status
Not open for further replies.

essexandy

The Lake Governor
Any of you lads work on Knauf board regularly?
We've just a bungalow completely tacked using Knauf board instead of the usual BG gear. The setting went exceptionally well with a lovely even suction. Didn't use a drop of water to trowel up right through the place. Three easy trowels and walls and ceilings looked great.
Question is was this largely down to the Knauf board or just coincidence?

Oh one moan about the Knauf board @Runwithscissors , the foil comes way to far past the ends of the foil backed boards and then hangs down between the boards looking tatty.

We've just a bungalow completely tacked using Knauf board instead of the usual BG gear. The setting went exceptionally well with a lovely even suction. Didn't use a drop of water to trowel up right through the place. Three easy trowels and walls and ceilings looked great.

Oh one moan about the Knauf board @Runwithscissors , the foil comes way to far past the ends of the foil backed boards and then hangs down between the boards looking tatty.

sounds like description of my work on any background!:RpS_cool:

sounds like description of my work on any background!:RpS_cool:

What if just reading the bold words James?

Prefer Knauf boards tbh, they cut better than BG, Siniat seam a bit more ragged and take a bit more cutting - think they have fibres in. Couldn't comment on setting times as I have taken much notice.

Thanks for the feedback Andy

I think the foil is suppost to be overlapped behind each other and stay behind the boards - but as you know not really my area of expertise...

Be interesting to hear more - honest - opinions. We certainly sell enough board, so someone must like it... LOL

I will pass you comment into the techie umpa lumpas in the office, see if they have anything to say... LOL

I always use Knauf never BG just a supplier thing so wouldn't know the difference with setting times, bought 1 siniat sound block yesterday to finish a job and it seemed twice as heavy as Knauf.

Three trowels all the time

Yeah I always three trowel board work Gary but these were three almost effortless trowels if you know what I mean. I generally hate setting boardwork compared to S&C but this just went perfectly from start to finish.

Maybe you've just finally cracked it andy lol. I couldn't tell you what boards I use. Most merchants round here sell a bit of everything

Maybe you've just finally cracked it andy lol. I couldn't tell you what boards I use. Most merchants round here sell a bit of everything

Oh I do hope so Steve it will give the rest of you hope knowing only the first thirty years are a struggle. How much longer have you got to go?

As it happens i have been doing a house recently and have used 3 different types of board in the place due to the merchants Quinn therm 85mm boards dabbed on the external walls and knauf and sinait on the inner walls and ceilings. I have noticed a big difference on the Quinn therm boards regarding set times it just seems to hang about for ages compared to the others. It's a pain when trying to do it room by room cos you either have one or two walls knocking you off your stride.

Been using the sinat gear quite abit lately for different builders and defo prefer there dab to BG.............just for the smell if nowt else...................:RpS_thumbup:

I was that excited I thought id let you know but then decided not to ring you as I thought youre too happy as it is and this might tip you over the edge

I always use Knauf never BG just a supplier thing so wouldn't know the difference with setting times, bought 1 siniat sound block yesterday to finish a job and it seemed twice as heavy as Knauf.
Fking div I am no wonder it was heavier it was 15mm

Fking div I am no wonder it was heavier it was 15mm

Not really, siniat boards are heavier than knauf like for like. Their mr board is more than 5kgs heavier and much harder to cut/snap. (can't remember exact weight but it's very noticeable)

Status
Not open for further replies.