Krend hp12

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselpower

I have a large chimney to chip off and redo, I have some hp12 base coat spare so was gonna scratch it with that and mesh it, however I have to top coat it with s+c then wet dash it.
Does anyone see a problem with that? Pretty sure it will be fine but always nice to hear other opinions.
I quite often scratch coat with s+c then top with krend with no problems but ...

Give it a tight coat first let it pick up then top it with the hp12 same day and dash into that
Liking the sound of that bud but it's a wet dash roughcast ie sand,cement,chips. You reckon I could hit that onto hp12 base? Finished in one day? **** sake the scaffold that went up today for it cost £1200 :)

Apply the HP in one hit then and it will firm up enough just leave for a few hrs. Mix the chips with hp12 slurry too.

Apply the HP in one hit then and it will firm up enough just leave for a few hrs. Mix the chips with hp12 slurry too.
Cheers plasterjfe, never got the chance to try it out, started hacking off, chimney fecked. Had to take it down under roof level, 1800 wide by 700 thick by2200 high at lowest point with 3 huge sandstone copes(which must have weighed over a ton) and four huge pots!,

Mortar in joints and beds were like damp sand, however when stripping back noticed someone had attempted to redo it years ago as 3 of the sides came off in whole sheets, render was about 50mm in built up coats with a layer of EML. What was it fixed to chimney with? Electricians grey cable clips!!! Must have been about quarter of a ton in one of the panels that fell off. Had to cut it up insitu while holding it. Can't beat an easy Friday!,

Status
Not open for further replies.