Krend uf base onto sbr bonding coat?

Members online

dieselpower

Has anyone done this? Only ever used sbr with s&c. Krend themselves have said to use hpx to prime before base coat but way to expensive it's a huge area.

Is that a yes Vincey? Gonna take a fair bit of base to build bits out so thought slurry coat of sbr, slap some base on over whole lot, let dry then start building out to straighten.

Is that a yes Vincey? Gonna take a fair bit of base to build bits out so thought slurry coat of sbr, slap some base on over whole lot, let dry then start building out to straighten.
Sorry mate I never used krend so I can’t really advise, but I liked the thread post as it is a good question you asking folks

Hpx is a base coat .? What you trying to achieve ? What substrate
Hi lox, the substrate is a mix of stone, cement, 7n concrete blocks that have replaced rotten stone in some places, it's not bonny.
It's getting roughcasted as anything else will look s**t, after a couple of months of trying to get k-rend to give us a spec, finally got hold of the rep( think he was dodging us as he didn't know) through another channel and he said we would be better priming it with hpx then building out with uf base to make flat, then dash receiver and roughcast. Hpx is gonna put another 3k onto price of job so I have decided I've made my own spec as its gonna be me that carries the can if it goes tits up..

Hi lox, the substrate is a mix of stone, cement, 7n concrete blocks that have replaced rotten stone in some places, it's not bonny.
It's getting roughcasted as anything else will look s**t, after a couple of months of trying to get k-rend to give us a spec, finally got hold of the rep( think he was dodging us as he didn't know) through another channel and he said we would be better priming it with hpx then building out with uf base to make flat, then dash receiver and roughcast. Hpx is gonna put another 3k onto price of job so I have decided I've made my own spec as its gonna be me that carries the can if it goes tits up..
I would go with parex on this ! Would guess of a spec of micro primer then parexal lime based render for base and finish

It's actually a good product hpx as is there hp12, it's a shame there top coats are gash.

I would go with parex on this ! Would guess of a spec of micro primer then parexal lime based render for base and finish
Don't use micro with lime, parex have a micro equivalent for lime renders, although I can't recall it of the top my head.

Sbr and hp12 built out 100mm in places with that stuff in a few coats. Hpx would sump like f**k. Did a 90m2 job took 160 base 5rolls of mesh. Did all the stress points first any other cracks then vertical mesh followed by horizontal 100mm overlap. Did it 5 year ago went back to do a garage last summer and the house still looked sweet.

Sbr and hp12 built out 100mm in places with that stuff in a few coats. Hpx would sump like f**k. Did a 90m2 job took 160 base 5rolls of mesh. Did all the stress points first any other cracks then vertical mesh followed by horizontal 100mm overlap. Did it 5 year ago went back to do a garage last summer and the house still looked sweet.
In what way did u use the sbr topspread ? As a primer or mixed with something and put on as a slurry? Cheers.

In what way did u use the sbr topspread ? As a primer or mixed with something and put on as a slurry? Cheers.
I used air compressor once hacked off blew all the dust out, brushed it on. Let it fully dry mixed up tubs on a few lifts went round dubbing out with mesh, stress points rock on with first coat of mesh. The tightest points was 5-6mm double meshed.