Lafarge Vs British Gypsum Vs Knauff

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJW

What gear does everyone use and why...?
I work with three fellas and we have this row at least once a month... ???

Generally we come back to whichever is cheapest at the time!

gypsum plasterers.......gypsum board if i can get it...laffarge otherwise which is proper poo...laffarge drywall adhesive to match the boards.....but have used knauf when customer/builder has supplied it....really down to what building merchants stock near u...

gypsum plaster for me. knauf boards are good, comes down to price really

BG with everthing unless i can get hold of lafarge or knauf dry wall adhesive as its a much better product imo

napper83 said:
BG with everthing unless i can get hold of lafarge or knauf dry wall adhesive as its a much better product imo
Same here gyproc dri wall is crap compared to Knauf, my preference

what?????? sorry lads.. had to sign in again... thanks for the advice on teh screed promblem btw..
you use whatever youve got, whatever is easiest, dont tell me youre going to the builders merchants, asking em what brand of board theyre stocking and knocking them back because theyre not using the correct brand.. u will use whatever theyve got in stock because a board is a board.. if you use one bag of board adhesive a month for coving then fair enough but if youve got a big job on then it goes to the lowest bidder dont talk bollox lads come on ffs.. were all in the same game.. :)

Unless it's an ore won't use them thai ones (might be a bloke) mind you cant be too sure wi them eastern block ones :-\

went to germany once them places over there are a row of terraced houses knocked into one an theyre teeming with georgeous looking thai birds and they know better than any english bird how to fellate but that might be down to the old lady boy thing bugger :-[

Creatures of habbit though dont you think...
My boss is French also, so he gets excited about the different GTEC stuff from Lafarge...

Sorry to spark a bit of fury, i just wondered what everyone used....???!

I wish Screwfix did heavy side stuff... I'd use them as suppliers everytime regardless of what the board was!!!

if your after power tools take a screwfix cataloge to a local independant they will usually match or beat the prices screwfix are offering and it helps the little man out

Status
Not open for further replies.