Leave bonding and hardwall for 3 days before skimming?

cybervic

Hi,
Has anyone had any experience of leaving bonding and/or hardwall for 3 days before skimming? In an ideal world I’d like to do it in a day or next morning but in a flat where no work is allowed at weekends.
I have several walls needing different base coat, I’d like to get all the base coat done today and continue skim coat Monday or Tuesday, will the finish be ok?

Hi,
Has anyone had any experience of leaving bonding and/or hardwall for 3 days before skimming? In an ideal world I’d like to do it in a day or next morning but in a flat where no work is allowed at weekends.
I have several walls needing different base coat, I’d like to get all the base coat done today and continue skim coat Monday or Tuesday, will the finish be ok?
It will suck its b*ll***s off

I'd it's too much to do in a day break it into two days. Float and set same day, if your worried about bonding not curing in time then add a handful of cement. Good luck
Two disagrees in 10 minutes, I just assumed it was too big for him to f&s in a day. Do you not agree with a handful of cement the through the bonding ? How you been Andy? Keeping busy bud?

Andy doesn’t like you letting out trade secrets. Nothing personal just a red x. I’ve just had to sbr mine, all I had. skim it Monday :rock:

B4DD1E6E-4687-43BA-A188-E185B925892F.jpeg

Hi,
it will be fine but will stop u wanking for aweek wrist to sore

If someone is f**k**g daft enough to leave Hardwall for three clear days then I wanted to see him just crack on and skim it.
I'm a bit warped like that:sorprendido3:

You have to remember Andy that most on here are not talking about floating full houses and skiming them more the odd chase/wall etc so just a little part of additional prep work.

Housewives plasterers!

You have to remember Andy that most on here are not talking about floating full houses and skiming them more the odd chase/wall etc so just a life part of additional prep work.

Housewives plasterers!
Sorry mate I keep forgetting that there are loads of hobby plasterers.

Plazi or super flex inside that skylight, nice job though I enjoy jobs like that
Just speedy then stainless. Don’t use flexys or plastics. Got sick of sanding plastics. Need to lift the lantern off to bead the top, speedy it round to lose the 50p then tight second coat. Three other lanterns other side of the ceiling, rectangle ones

Hi,
Piss on the wall before skimming to stop suction I want a x

Almost 2 separate trades/tradesman theses days.

There's now lads 10+ years in that will have never used a cement mixer or even floated with a bagged product sad but true!
I'm nearly 12 years deep float and set all the way be it sand and cement or hardwall, as a lad was all sand an cement float set working in the flood damaged properties, dot and dab serves purpose at times but given choice float all day any day

Hi,
Of course you can. It’s what I do for the last month, always on mondays and today wasn’t any different.