leaveing the forces

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROBERT7249

Hi the name is robert I am leaveing the forces next year and have been looking at these plastering courses , I have seen one near manchester where i would be looking to work that over 25 days get me a level 3 c&g , I know by simmply doing this am not going to be as good as a apprenticeship , what is my next move after i complete this course ?

Try and find someone in your area and labour for them, it's abit different when you have nice cream carpets to work on.

Thats a hard one , with little experience i wouldnt say start up for your self , and getting a job with someone well u never know i would start looking to try get some contacts now , you wont be looking at super wages working for some body with not much experience as your course will be nothing like a proper days graft lol

Hi the name is robert I am leaveing the forces next year and have been looking at these plastering courses , I have seen one near manchester where i would be looking to work that over 25 days get me a level 3 c&g , I know by simmply doing this am not going to be as good as a apprenticeship , what is my next move after i complete this course ?
There are a few guys on here that are x forces ,hope they can advice ,if you have never had a go at plastering then i personally think you doing a coarse is the right way to give it a try , then go from there , best of luck :RpS_thumbup:

Be a labourer
you'd be better of labouring first for a6 months to a year then go on a course so you can take more in and by then you might be ready to get on a trowel

25 days ?? fukin joke mate, as said get with a gang... learn that way... they give you a qualification after 25 days.. takin the piss that.. totally fukin the game up in my opinion... WTF can u learn in 25 days ?? how to flip burgers..

Thanks for the advice lads , if any ex services could give me some advice that would be great , Ive heard what i expected though a suppose its like sending the TA to work with regular army after 2 weeks training . thanks though

try and get a job labouring , then hopefully they will teach some stuff as long as you keep up with the labouring,, lots of labourers want to get on the trowel after a week or so and lose interest in knocking the gear up

I have lost count on how many lads come on site and say "can i do any laboring work for you mate " and always no mate , sure if this guy turned up on your site you would say no , so it is the best way to learn ,but also hard to get a start at the moment

get labouring, watch and learn, turn up everyday, show ur keen and you will be ok mate.. good luck.

ill ask the boys in the pub that i know do the kind of work for what it like in my area for work , am not out untill summer next year and away to oz for year after that so hopefully the construction sound of things is starting proper up again then , thanks for the help lads

ill ask the boys in the pub that i know do the kind of work for what it like in my area for work , am not out untill summer next year and away to oz for year after that so hopefully the construction sound of things is starting proper up again then , thanks for the help lads
Best of luck mate ,hope it goes well for you :RpS_thumbup:

The trouble is who has labourers these days? If you can get labouring work then you will know what you are letting yourself in for. Hard graft little reward and no gratitude. Good in boom times but shite in bust times.. Survival of the fittest.

If you get a start go for it and get yourself a full tool kit. Bugger the money, you invest your energy in to learning and the money will come later.

good luck with it.

Ex forces myself went into it at 21 been plastering 15 years . I do all aspect of plastering and employee 3 men ,2 of which ive sent too college .
I hate to tell you but it going to be at least 3 years before you will be able to earn a living doing all aspects of the game , we are honestly still learning now what with the new products coming through .
Get a position as a labourer and put in the time it will pay dividends in the long run otherwise you will ruin that many jobs you'll hate the game and you'll be looking for another job .
Hard game to master but when you get there its worth it few plasterers out there are multi skilled in all areas of the plastering trade.

good luck out there! Keep low and move fast !

lee

Painting and decorating course, Tiling course.... Try to run one of these along side as well, they complement each other.

There's quite a few ex forces on here Robert,

also fireman, postmen, car salesmen, milkmen, women yes WOMEN :RpS_scared: & many many coursers, chancers & cowboys. :rolleyes)

Theres Probably on a few plasterers on here :RpS_biggrin:

Welcome along anyway & good luck :RpS_thumbup:
what part of the country are you from?

Robert don't do it mate, do you really want to go from what your doing to be a laborer ? earning f uck all, its **** mate, your resettlement money will pay for a better course in something else that will set you up in civi street a lot better.

Robert don't do it mate, do you really want to go from what your doing to be a laborer ? earning f uck all, its **** mate, your resettlement money will pay for a better course in something else that will set you up in civi street a lot better.
100 % agree with Airborne there is a lot better jobs out there to have ..just read some threads on here how many timed served plasterers want out of this game and are stuck? plumber and sparks are better jobs to have if you really want to get into the building game .

Status
Not open for further replies.