Leeds based trainee plasterer looking for work

Members online

Dp2016

Hi all, I'm looking to gain some experience and build my skills as a plasterer with anyone who will give me a chance In the Leeds area or surrounding areas, I studied at Leeds building college and have level 1 and 2 diploma in plastering (qcf) I have my own tools and transport and have lots of experience working on private jobs, I'm currently working full time but looking to gain experience on my off days. Not looking to get paid just looking to Learn and gain experience.

whats a plastering diploma?
Its a diploma in plastering:numberone: if the lads dont have someone to work with they train at the college full time and get a diploma, nvq if you got onsite work aswell.

Its a diploma in plastering:numberone: if the lads dont have someone to work with they train at the college full time and get a diploma, nvq if you got onsite work aswell.
Young lad who's labouring for me did a two year diploma and said they never used hardwall/bonding, didnt really use beads and never got shown an overboard, hadnt heard of a wet angle, shame the college system is letting them down....the lad is brilliant, hardworking and good with customers but never got shown anything....never done round a plug socket till yesterday (obviously off the wall behind it not just around)

Young lad who's labouring for me did a two year diploma and said they never used hardwall/bonding, didnt really use beads and never got shown an overboard, hadnt heard of a wet angle, shame the college system is letting them down....the lad is brilliant, hardworking and good with customers but never got shown anything....never done round a plug socket till yesterday (obviously off the wall behind it not just around)

Sorry to go off topic but these are the exact reasons why the courses get slated and the coursers/chancers take the brunt of it.
They don't know any better than what there taught and it's not much by the sound of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all, I'm looking to gain some experience and build my skills as a plasterer with anyone who will give me a chance In the Leeds area or surrounding areas, I studied at Leeds building college and have level 1 and 2 diploma in plastering (qcf) I have my own tools and transport and have lots of experience working on private jobs, I'm currently working full time but looking to gain experience on my off days. Not looking to get paid just looking to Learn and gain experience.
Good luck to you mate [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sorry to go off topic but these are the exact reasons why the courses get slated and the coursers/chancers take the brunt of it.
They don't know any better than what there taught and it's not much by the sound of it!

I agree, was overboarding some ceilings today and asked the lad at the vstart of the dayhow he would go about it if I wasnt there...he looked dead embarressed but just said the never even mentioned overboarding at college.

So it's a Micky mouse qualification, you'd still be on a labouring cscs card with it then.
why can't they do the theory part of the nvq at college and if and when they get a site based position top it up, instead of a nonsense qualification.

So it's a Micky mouse qualification, you'd still be on a labouring cscs card with it then.
why can't they do the theory part of the nvq at college and if and when they get a site based position top it up, instead of a nonsense qualification.
Thats exactly what it is I think...they can then do the OSAT nvq one they get in employment.

Thats exactly what it is I think...they can then do the OSAT nvq one they get in employment.
Ah right,
I've never heard of it before, I did my time at Leeds, and they didn't have it then, mind it was 16 years ago.

Ah right,
I've never heard of it before, I did my time at Leeds, and they didn't have it then, mind it was 16 years ago.
I only know from what the lad was saying, I might be off the mark but think thats how he said it works. Still think its a shame the colleges arent showing them...told me he'd never used bonding in the whole time at college...have them fecking about with S& C floating mixed 9-1 and never show them hardwall/bonding.

Thanks for all replies, still not much luck as of yet. Ive got some time off work, if anyone local is looking for a labourer/trainee/apprentice. Cheers

Thanks for all replies, still not much luck as of yet. Ive got some time off work, if anyone local is looking for a labourer/trainee/apprentice. Cheers
Are you willing to travel?
I'm based in doncaster and looking for a labourer/improver to jump in a give a hand

Possible start Monday

Hi mate when are you free , I need some plastering doing , I live in Bradford , Denholme , 07816 135595 Paul