Less water the better!

Dr pepper

Has anyone else found that litteraly minimal water is need at all to finish a set? Only really not since the new bags of finish showed up? Always told and taught to never flood the wall or lash water at it at every opportunity, which I don't do, but even the occasional time I brush bit of the wall or trowel when things start to get sticky it streaks galour!? Then you think you've got rid of the bast**ds by trowelling the nuts of it, as soon as the mist coat goes on ya can still faintly see them through it?......

With confidence shot to bits and week of tweaking and trying new technics timings,cross trowels,up,down,leaving to dry longer etc, have now found that apart from brushing in you edges literally no additional water is needed to finish up?.....

Anyone else come across this??

Apologies for long winded post!

Any

That really depends on your technic tbh. Sometimes I found 2 wet trowels to give the finish you are after, sometimes no water at all.

Agree but you have to catch it sweet as. Still think best thing to do rather then fighting with it at end to make sure is give it a quick rub with plastic

Does anyone use a mist spray.
Since using flexi I've found no water needed at all. But I have gone off this trowel don't think finish is as good as it looks.

Does anyone use a mist spray.
Since using flexi I've found no water needed at all. But I have gone off this trowel don't think finish is as good as it looks.

Have tried a sprayer and another spread I know swears by them, but just used to the old faithful brush, found a 4inch filament paint brush find quite good actually... But horse for courses not right or wrong whatever ever work for you

A wee bit of water and a wet trowel is fine with me, you don't want to throw loads of water on it anyway as you dont want loads of water marks. As far as no water at all I'm not really convinced its worth the effort to perfect.

Iv found lately just brush the edges in then drag some of that water across the wall/celing and it’s enoigh just to lubricate the blade, only flick water on the wall if it’s gone off fast or iv miss timed it

A wee bit of water and a wet trowel is fine with me, you don't want to throw loads of water on it anyway as you dont want loads of water marks. As far as no water at all I'm not really convinced its worth the effort to perfect.

As ya say a little bit of water is always needed at some point, but just found recently that even a little bit can bite you in the arse

Almost seems they (British gypsum) may have altered the mix to compensate for the now much more widely used, super, medi, plazi trowels and speed skims that people both site and domestic use that don't need much water to work with?

Has anyone else found that litteraly minimal water is need at all to finish a set? Only really not since the new bags of finish showed up? Always told and taught to never flood the wall or lash water at it at every opportunity, which I don't do, but even the occasional time I brush bit of the wall or trowel when things start to get sticky it streaks galour!? Then you think you've got rid of the bast**ds by trowelling the nuts of it, as soon as the mist coat goes on ya can still faintly see them through it?......

With confidence shot to bits and week of tweaking and trying new technics timings,cross trowels,up,down,leaving to dry longer etc, have now found that apart from brushing in you edges literally no additional water is needed to finish up?.....

Any
Definitely had to alter the technique. Few years ago used to flick water then chase the water and fat across the wall. Then one final trowel to get any water marks out and job done. Try that now though and there's pretty much no fat, just streaks and a greasy wall. British gypsum came and picked some dodgy multi up from me over a month ago, tried to contact them about it and nothing back...

Ffs what a load of b*ll***s
ghb.jpg

I use a pump spray bottle myself, sometimes I use water, sometimes not, I've had the plaster dry looking shitty with both and looking great with both, I've finished walls that look like they'll dry all one colour only to look horrendous when dry, really given up caring as long as it's flat, neat and paints up well!

I use a pump spray bottle myself, sometimes I use water, sometimes not, I've had the plaster dry looking shitty with both and looking great with both, I've finished walls that look like they'll dry all one colour only to look horrendous when dry, really given up caring as long as it's flat, neat and paints up well!

Drives ya mad don’t it. People soak walls in dirty water then wonder why dries cloudy

Any
We don’t use water no point if your throwing water at it your struggling and the finish will be crap looks a mess and people question it